Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Conyers got $64,012 for falling in Cobo

OK, I don't want to ever hear Monica claim that Gary Brown stole for the city again.

David Josar
    The Detroit News

Conyers was injured at Cobo Center in 2003, leading to a prolonged fight with Detroit Public Schools over a worker's compensation claim she filed while an attendance officer and substitute teacher, according to records from the Workers' Compensation Agency. The district initially balked at the claim, but paid her $64,012, according to records obtained by The Detroit News through the Freedom of Information Act.

On Dec. 4, 2003, she slipped and fell while at a seminar in Cobo Center and damaged her right knee, according to the claims. Then on June 3, 2004, that knee gave out, causing her to fall and hurt her left knee. Then on June 24, 2004, she fell again, injuring both knees and tearing her rectum,
    [Insert John Conyers joke here.]

rectum? rectum! heck man, she nearly killed him!

The fact that John Conyers chose to marry this woman gives me a very low opinion of his judgment.

2blocksaway Guest

it just keeps getting better.

Let me understand...she's married to john Conyers, falls on her knees and ends up with a torn up rectum. omg

This never would have happened to Hazen Pingree.

"Rectum's okay. It's this damned hernia that's killing me."
    Last edited by Ray1936; January-26-10 at 08:41 PM.

What is this, Comedy Central? You guys are a serious laugh.

Personally, I think John got drunk one night and mistook Monica for a man.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Let me understand...she's married to john Conyers, falls on her knees and ends up with a torn up rectum. omg
    Must've mistook her for his boyfriend. lol...

Call SAM!! Call LEE FREE!!! lol!!

Apparently she did! It's amazing a fairly young woman would be falling that much...

Perhaps another member of council gave in to pushing her down a flight of stairs. That would be understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    Apparently she did! It's amazing a fairly young woman would be falling that much...
    The way she boozes it up, she probably falls all the time. Bruised knees and torn rectums sound like a normal saturday night for her..

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    Personally, I think John got drunk one night and mistook Monica for a man.

I would liked to have seen the look on his face when she said she was pregnant..

Quote Originally Posted by Moetown View Post
    The way she boozes it up, she probably falls all the time. Bruised knees and torn rectums sound like a normal saturday night for her..
    Ahahahahahahaha! Awesome!

Again, ewwwwwwwwww!

Anyone know if the rectum injury resulted in her apparent permanent brain damage?

That's funny!

Default cracking the case...

Compliments to David Josar of the Detroit News for getting to the bottom of this story. Two broken knees and a torn rectum ...I'm no Sam Bernstein, but that doesn't much sound like your average slip and fall. You'd think with all that good lawyerin' MC learned in law school [[getting that degree that they don't just hand out to anybody) she'd be able to scare up more than 64K$ for her misfortune. To put it another way, you'd think she'd wanna tear somebody a new one for tearing her a new one. Based on this settlement and her lowball rate for the Synagro vote, a cynic might say she's either a terrible negotiator or an expensive date.

All kidding aside, this is a sad situation. However, if you step back and look at the facts, it's pretty clear that this was a tragic case of mistaken identity, in which poor Monica fell victim to a deranged stalker who was obsessed with... Eddie Munster.

This may be a bum rap, but wasn't she skipping down her driveway on stilettos when she told reporters to get the hell off her property? [[All she needed was a varmint-killing gun).

welcome to the forum BFoster, sounds like you'll fit right in.

Just for you:
    Attachment 2178

Thanks, Gnome.

I don't mean to condone in any way the despicable behavior of the alleged evil-doer who perpetrated this apparent southern invasion on MC. Mistaken identity is no defense for such a heinous crime, but looking at the photographic evidence, hey, it's a damn easy mistake to make.

BF

I will never look at my favorite TV family the same.
    Is a torn rectum caused by falling even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    I will never look at my favorite TV family the same.
    Is a torn rectum caused by falling even possible?

It would depend on how far riddle's head was up it..

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    The fact that John Conyers chose to marry this woman gives me a very low opinion of his judgment.
    I agree, he obviously is as low-class and ghetto as Monica, but better at concealing it in public or he married her because she was pregnant and he was 61. He may have thought it was the honorable thing to do. Keep in mind she was 25 at the time and he is from the old school, plus having a baby's momma, age 25 would not have look to go upon his political career. He may have let his little head distort his big head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast