Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A new Wayne State demolition?

There's a fresh article in Crain's today [[February 11, 2013) about WSU's construction projects. An almost overlooked sentence hints at yet another building demo to support parking for their new biomed research building.

After we lost the American Beauty building last year, what is there left to demolish, and is it necessary?

"The research building plan includes renovation of the Dalgleish building plus construction of "a new facility of approximately 75,000 square feet" at the same site, along with parking space on an adjacent site where the university plans to demolish a building."

Article link:

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ojects-by-2015

Just made a few calls. According to WSU Facilities Management, this article is referring to a small pre-fab office that used to be part of the old Dalgleish dealership. Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulerz24 View Post
    Just made a few calls. According to WSU Facilities Management, this article is referring to a small pre-fab office that used to be part of the old Dalgleish dealership. Nothing to worry about.
    Hmm. Do you know where the office is?

WSU posts all their Board of Governor meeting handouts online in advance of their meetings [[typically 3-4 days) - so there's never a reason to be in the dark about something. It's typically a sign somoene was too lazy to do research. Here's the link to the bond PDF that Crains referenced.

http://bog.wayne.edu/meetings/2013/0...3_item%20l.pdf

All prior meeting minutes can be found at www.bog.wayne.edu and then clicking on the "Meetings" tab. Lots of fun factoids hidden within...

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    Hmm. Do you know where the office is?
    in the parking lot fronting on woodward, it was a pop up art gallery last year

easy, Gistok

right, cause laziness is measured best by amount of effort exerted on an internet forum

Yeah, Gistok, I don't think that is very fair. Yes the comment he made was very snippy, but measuring on basis of number of posts? Come on!

Personally, I have not posted as often as before the reformatting. Before that I had 5-10x as many posts. So I don't understand that argument. Let's get back to discussing things that are relevant.. [[part of the reason I do not come around here as often... Too much bitching and moaning)

Now if you really want to freak-out Gistock, someone needs to post that the Bonstelle and the Hillberry are being torn down and replaced with a White Castle and a parking Lot!

Alright... had a bad morning... I stand chastened and rebuked... [[and I deleted it). And rbdetsport... you are spot on... the tirades on the Packard signage and the downtown flash mob were way over the top this weekend...

Sorry Detroitplanner... unless someone demo's the U/A... a pair of former churches converted to theatre use just won't cut it.... except to leave more empty lots in Midtown....
    Last edited by Gistok; February-11-13 at 01:11 PM.