Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lafayette Park Strip Mall

I had noticed plastic covering the windows of a couple of empty storefronts in the Lafayette Towers Strip Mall. Did anyone hear of more retail that will open in the mall?

I know a laundromat is going in in the old cafe con leche store front, but that's not the area that has plastic up. fingers crossed on a coffee shop...

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    I know a laundromat is going in in the old cafe con leche store front, but that's not the area that has plastic up. fingers crossed on a coffee shop...
    I woud be nice to have a
    Tim Hortons there also. Security would have to step up

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I woud be nice to have a
    Tim Hortons there also. Security would have to step up
    is the security there that bad right now? i always see the car parked near lafayette foods.

Anyone has any updates on what will be opening in the storefront next to metro pc?

Anyone has any updates on what will be opening in the storefront next to metro pc?
    A peep show?
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; March-23-13 at 07:17 PM.

1.) Liquor Store
    2,) Hair & Nail Salon
    3.) Storefront Church
    The last one is tax free!

check cashing
    LA insurance

Stopped in Lafayette Foods last week and I am impressed...good selection of unexpected products like Calders and Guernsey Dairy ...overall clean, bright and friendly staff.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Stopped in Lafayette Foods last week and I am impressed...good selection of unexpected products like Calders and Guernsey Dairy ...overall clean, bright and friendly staff.
    Did they ever get a liquor license.

Honky Tonk goin' for the record of how many times a post can be recycled...nice!

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Did they ever get a liquor license.
    I'm not sure but that area needs more liquor like the Pope needs more Holy Water.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post

Kind of sad when locally produced products are considered an unxepected surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm not sure but that area needs more liquor like the Pope needs more Holy Water.
    Tell that to the owners. The last time I was there I was on my way to a party at Lafayette Towers. I "assumed" I would be able to pick up a decent bottle wine. When I asked the owner where the wine was he said "our license to sell alcohol is being tied up downtown." Enough Said.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Tell that to the owners. The last time I was there I was on my way to a party at Lafayette Towers. I "assumed" I would be able to pick up a decent bottle wine. When I asked the owner where the wine was he said "our license to sell alcohol is being tied up downtown." Enough Said.
    Ok, point taken. I guess we should define "Liquor", and "Alcohol" If you're talking about maybe some "craft" beers, and fine wines, I can see that. My comment was directed @ the store kiddy-corner from there. I'd hate to see them start selling fifths, pints, and half pints, cups, small bags of ice, and "loose". There's plenty of that in the City as it is.