Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Who was that you told me was going to take your guns away?

He's gonna need to grow that belly a little if he wants to stay in this sport.

The photo would appear to quiet the controversy that arose after an interview with the New Republic, in which Obama talked about frequent skeet shooting.

The publication asked: "Have you ever fired a gun?"

Obama responded: "Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."
    Story

Caption? Okay, How about "Want to date my daughter? Let me finish what I'm doing and we will talk."

He looks about as comfortable with that shotgun as Mitt Romney does talking to poor people.

This is photographic evidence that he's taken up smoking again.

Maybe he can get a lesson from Dick Cheney?

To get a handle on how totally psychotic the NRA is, they have an "enemies list"

Some people/groups from the NRA enemies list: American Medical Association;
    American Association for the Surgery of Trauma; Ambulatory Pediatric Association;
    American Academy of Pediatrics; American Jewish Committee; American Trauma Society; American Psychological Association; American Jewish Congress; Anti-Defamation League; Lutheran Office for Governmental Affairs, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America; National Center to Rehabilitate Violent Youth; United States Catholic Conference; Fannie Flagg; Doug Flutie; The Temptations; Andy Williams; Barry Manilow; anyone named Zappa; Blue Cross Blue Shield; Hallmark Cards; Levi Strauss & Co; Sara Lee;St. Louis Rams.

Basically, anyone who ever said something remotely like "guns are dangerous"

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    To get a handle on how totally psychotic the NRA is, they have an "enemies list"

Some people/groups from the NRA enemies list: American Medical Association;
    American Association for the Surgery of Trauma; Ambulatory Pediatric Association;
    American Academy of Pediatrics; American Jewish Committee; American Trauma Society; American Psychological Association; American Jewish Congress; Anti-Defamation League; Lutheran Office for Governmental Affairs, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America; National Center to Rehabilitate Violent Youth; United States Catholic Conference; Fannie Flagg; Doug Flutie; The Temptations; Andy Williams; Barry Manilow; anyone named Zappa; Blue Cross Blue Shield; Hallmark Cards; Levi Strauss & Co; Sara Lee;St. Louis Rams.

Basically, anyone who ever said something remotely like "guns are dangerous"

Nice job on twisting their words in order to promote your own political agenda.

If anyone is interested in reading why the NRA has named these groups here's a link to the NRA page which cites the reasons they have been singled out.

http://nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

[[I've read the entire page and can't find "enemies list" anywhere.)

Thankfully, gun ownership is NOT inextricably tied to NRA membership!

I don't think most democrat or independent leaning Detroiter's are the dyed-in-the-wool NRA ideologues with such a list taped to the refrigerator!

Some gun owners are even liberal... Oh my!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-03-13 at 01:01 PM.

Great shot, though he seems to be low for skeet! Any how nice form. He's a 'lefty' trigger too!

Go to ranges in or around the city - you don't see as many requisite beer bellies! ROTFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

He's gonna need to grow that belly a little if he wants to stay in this sport.

Story
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-03-13 at 06:10 AM.

He looks comfortable enough...left-hand trigger pull adaptive style. Nice eye coverings.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    He looks about as comfortable with that shotgun as Mitt Romney does talking to poor people.

"When other folks give up theirs. I'll give up mine..." Gill Scott Heron

Caption? Okay, How about "Want to date my daughter? Let me finish what I'm doing and we will talk."
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-03-13 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Nice job on twisting their words in order to promote your own political agenda.

If anyone is interested in reading why the NRA has named these groups here's a link to the NRA page which cites the reasons they have been singled out.

http://nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

[[I've read the entire page and can't find "enemies list" anywhere.)
    yeah, they support the Brady Bill. they are for reasonable gun laws - like mandatory background checks for all gun purchases, requiring gun manufacturers/distributors to track ALL gun distribution [[a high percentage of "illegally" purchased guns' serial numbers show up nowhere in the official records of those companies), etc.

Meanwhile, two people, including the all-time top sniper from the US military, were killed at a gun range. so much for their "arm everyone" campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    "When other folks give up theirs. I'll give up mine..." Gill Scott Heron
    [[not his view -
    "Everybody got a pistol. Everybody got a .45.
    And the philosophy seems to be,
    At least as near as I can see,
    When other folks give up theirs, I'll give up mine.")

Or this alternate caption:

'I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies.'
    Michael Corleone - Godfather Pt. II

Not relevant to the original post, but relevant to the discussion:

Some people understand the need for self defense more than others.

Or the surprise of this: The lone petite female sniper of Full Metal Jacket!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-03-13 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post

some people know they have a price on their head and a veritable army after them

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post

I love today's conservatives. They're even starting to support Malcolm X. It's gets no better than that.

Seeing a politician who takes a photo opportunity to show himself shooting a rifle, while telling you and me we should not be shooting [[or owning) a rifle, is not compelling enough for me to feel my 2nd amendment rights are safe and sound.

We have politicians who know little to nothing about firearms going straight for the jugular on law abiding citizens. They think they know better than citizens with extensive gun knowledge, who have pointed out the lack of gun knowledge by politicians. For example, the exact same weapon is legal with one type of stock or grip, and illegal with another. Same caliber bullet, same length barrel, same gun, just a different stock or grip. Why is it an assault weapon one way but not the other? These politicians are using a catastrophe like Sandy Hill to assault our fundamental rights protected by the Constitution.

There are over 900 gun laws on the books that the Federal Government do not enforce. How about enforcing existing gun law instead of making more gun laws that directly attack our 2nd amendment rights?

Today it's the 2nd amendment, tomorrow the 1st.

Obama's photo with a rifle does nothing for me.
    And it shouldn't for you.

Mistake 1 - Trusting the Government.
    Mistake 2 - Trusting a Politician.
    Mistake 3 - Believing the Government and Politicians.

Get real, take the stars out of your eyes when looking at your President. Remember the days when the person you voted for in the last election did not define you? Have you forgotten the days when Democrats and Republicans put Country first and Politics second? Remember when they defended freedom and the Constitution above all else? And felt patriotic in doing so?

Every time you give up a right, they will take another.
    You will never get it back.

I own guns and I have absolutely no fear that the President is trying to take them from me because I'm not a fear mongering half-wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I love today's conservatives. They're even starting to support Malcolm X. It's gets no better than that.
    Hah! You think I'm a conservative.

Well for Malcolm's part he considered both the dem and repub party with a healthy level of skeptism ---- !

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post

Umm, can I temporarily let down my gaurd if they are my party? ----

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Mistake 1 - Trusting the Government.
    Mistake 2 - Trusting a Politician.
    Mistake 3 - Believing the Government and Politicians.

Well for Malcolm's part he considered both the dem and repub party with a healthy level of skeptism ---- !
    As we all should.

Umm, can I temporarily let down my gaurd if they are my party? ----
    Only if they are the Republican party. Lord knows they never do anything wrong.

Both Parties Suck.

For Your Entertainment:
    Sandy Hook Father Owns Congress

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast