Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hossa to Blackhawks

Not too much of a surprise to see that ex-Red Wing Marian Hossa has signed a 12-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks. Hate to see him go, but he's following the money and I can't blame him for that.

Chicago looked good in their series against Detroit last month, and I think the Hawks just might be hoisting the cup next year.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports...83/detail.html

Default Hossa to Chicago

i saw this only in passing but Hossa will be a Blackhawk next season for $62.4 million over 12 years...

going west with him is Kopecky at $2.4 million for 2 years and Ty Conklin is going to St Louis for $2.6 million over 2 years...

Hudler gets to stay and maybe theyll bring some other hard nosed youngsters up from grand rapids....

Haw! Beat you by 60 seconds, Dave!

I think they have a good chance

There are so many very good teams in the NHL, way more than in any of the other majors

The Blackhawks are an up and coming, young, hungry team. In the words of Mickey Redmond: "Look out now, boy!"
    Any of six or eight NHL teams could win it all next year. I regard Chicago as a definite contender.

Chicago had better contend and soon too. I don't begrudge Hossa for getting more money with the Hawks but he is also going to a team that is very reminiscent of what the Tampa Bay Lightning did a few years ago- they're going to be so top heavy with salaries- there's going to be a fire sale and in massive amounts too.

Let's not forget that in a year the likes of Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith will ALL be up for restricted free agency. Toss in the Brian Campbell salary along with Cristobal Huet's monstrous contracts, their window of opportunity had better be soon or the salary cap is going to slap them around hard the year after.

But if DA hawks don't win the cup for 12 yrs call it the curse of Hossa.

If the Wings are lucky, they'll face the Hawks in the playoffs next year. And Hossa will score the same for the Hawks then as he did for the Wings in this year's playoffs - ZIP!