Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Det News Reporter Leonard Fleming in trouble

Andy Dillon's now ex-wife has taken out a PPO against Fleming after he allegedly threatened to kill her with a baseball bat, and allegedly threatened to no longer allow her access to his penis if they didn't remain friendly.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013012...text|FRONTPAGE

This article goes a step further and says Fleming and the former Mrs. Dillon were having an affair.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2013/0...s-friends-say/

Why, why, why on earth does this s*** warrant coverage in a major metropolitan daily newspaper when many more serious issues affect our city?
    Last edited by downtownguy; January-30-13 at 12:51 PM.

Because few people in this town give a rat's-ass about the more serious problems. Most people are content reading and getting involved with tabloid journalism.

My question is exactly the opposite. How in the world is no one talking about this? I saw the one story in the Freep, and you haven't heard anything about it sense. The details are salacious as all kinds of hell. I wouldn't expect the News to run with this, of course, but it's almost as if there is some kind of conspiracy to keep the story down seeing as how the state media has gotten riled up over far more innocuous court intrigue. You better believe had this story somehow involved the wife of, say, the mayor of the city of Detroit, they'd be all over this.

Actually, this story weaves personal intrigue with state and city affairs, especially the muckraker article by Neavling. I find his self-description interesting;

Steve Neavling is an investigative journalist and former city hall reporter for the Detroit Free Press. Living on the city’s east side, Neavling explores corruption, civil liberties and the underbelly of an oft-misunderstood city.