Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What's for dinner?

I made blackened catfish tacos with pineapple salsa [[red onion, pineapple, plum tomato, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper)

The sweet of the salsa with the heat of the blackened catfish was a great contrast

Last night it was a table flame boiled Taiwanese dinner with thin sliced beef, fake crab, baby bok choy, transparent noodles, tomatoes, two kinds of mushrooms, broth, and unidentifiable Asian things. Tonight, it was another story. Arriving home, we had leftover fish soup, bananas, and earl grey tea with a snack, later, of pickled herring .

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Last night it was a table flame boiled Taiwanese dinner with thin sliced beef, fake crab, baby bok choy, transparent noodles, tomatoes, two kinds of mushrooms, broth, and unidentifiable Asian things. Tonight, it was another story. Arriving home, we had leftover fish soup, bananas, and earl grey tea with a snack, later, of pickled herring .
    A sack of White Castles

I had catfish, too, fried, okra, green beans and hush puppies. Catfish Cabin in Titusville, FL does it just right. I put hot sauce on the catfish, of course.

I like the Hamburger Helper commercial that shows the family so pressed for time due to kids activities the mom has to resort to fast food places for dinner which they call "a greasy bag of deep fried easy".

Jenny, my second grade girlfriend, made THE best mud pies

I didn't make anything special. Hot and Sour soup.... it was very average.