Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default NOTHING STOPS DETROIT - Amazing Youtube Video

This is a new youtube video i've stumbled upon while searching Detroit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsieYdQOfTQ

Don't forget to give it a "like"!!!!

*This video is not mine.
    Last edited by I <3 DET; January-28-13 at 01:04 PM.

kind of schmaltzy but some good camerawork

Seems to be missing a music credit. Still, I liked some of the artistic shots. Couldn't help but think, "damn kids and their skateboards," but then again, I'm an old fart.

ArmDetroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Seems to be missing a music credit.
    The song is 'Glory Box' by Portishead

Haha The guy that made this is a close friend of mine. I wondered if the video would make its way onto DetroitYes. I almost posted it myself, but decided against it due to the nature of this forum at times.

Lots of love for architecture and the City of Detroit in this.
    Last edited by skatedetroit; January-29-13 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skatedetroit View Post
    haha the guy that made this video is a close friend of mine. I wondered if the video would make its way onto DetroitYes. Lots of love for architecture and the city the Detroit in this.

Its nice effort, while i find skateboarders and skaters A LITTLE annoying, even my son is one, it at least gets them out into the air and a bit of exercise etc away from the PC/Games/FB etc

See if his next efforts he wants to do laps off 8200 Mack, have gone off it almost totally, but still interested to see its CURRENT condition and in finedetail, its a nice building [inside is stuffed i believe] and the seller has become a shyster DUE TO ME!

What could have been!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArmDetroit View Post
    I enjoyed the video and camera work. I'd prefer a Detroit artist for the soundtrack.

They went to great lengths to include some amazing and obscure locations...and highlight angles of commmon ones enough to make them fresh, even for this lifer. Really great work. The aerial stuff was shocking at first, wasn't expecting it.

They could make a location listing and sell it...or make a game having folks try to identify everything. Big fun.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Seems to be missing a music credit. Still, I liked some of the artistic shots. Couldn't help but think, "damn kids and their skateboards," but then again, I'm an old fart.

hahahaha. exactly my thoughts. i was jaded when i clicked on the link, but it i like it

Thanx for posting this l<3DET!

Does anyone know what freeway/interchange that is at 2:12 thru 2:20?

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    kind of schmaltzy but some good camerawork
    Bingo! The aerial and truck shots were great, the rest was kinda blah. I still have issues with shredding public and semi-public seating areas. At least they were not on the union memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    Thanx for posting this l<3DET!

Does anyone know what freeway/interchange that is at 2:12 thru 2:20?
    That is right off 75 & 94. Notice the amazing REYES piece

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    That is right off 75 & 94. Notice the amazing REYES piece
    Thanks warsaw7. I'll have to find that place. My daughter goes to Northern Michigan U and she asked me to scout some places for "artsy" photo shoots this summer. If she takes any there I'll make sure she give's REYES their due credit.
    Last edited by detroittrader; January-30-13 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Just cleaning up some spelling...I had been drinking when I posted last night. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ArmDetroit View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering. My point was that, if the video is going to credit the filming, the talent, blah blah blah, it should also credit the song.

And, like eno said, a Detroit artist would have been more appropriate. Still, all in all, it's a decent piece of work. I've watched it five times now.

Considering the credits took 20 percent of the air time, it was probably heavy on self promotion and the creator was not a musician!

It's pretty interesting to watch but when someone is dumb enough to skate under a moving truck I find myself cheering for the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It's pretty interesting to watch but when someone is dumb enough to skate under a moving truck I find myself cheering for the truck.

LOL I am fairly sure if they had the equipment to get some of those shots they had the funding to stage the truck too... But you gave me a very good chuckle, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    LOL I am fairly sure if they had the equipment to get some of those shots they had the funding to stage the truck too... But you gave me a very good chuckle, thanks!
    The budget for the production of this video was actually $0. Nothing but their blood, sweat, and hustle went into making it. The aerial shots were filmed with a remote control helicopter that had a GoPro 3 camera attached to the front of it [[all homemade) if anyone was curious.

I don't think the long credits were intended for self promotion, seeing that the filmer/director is about to graduate as an accountant and the skateboarder is in school to become a doctor. This video is just something they do for fun as a hobby and creative outlet out of their love for skateboarding and the city. As for the truck shot, I guess the skateboarder is just that crazy....