Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default LA Gov. Jindal: "We've got to stop being the stupid party."

From today's Free Press:
    Republicans meet

Louisiana gov: 'Stop being the stupid party'

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal called on the Republican Party to "stop being the stupid party" on Thursday as GOP leaders promised fundamental changes to help stave off future losses.

In the keynote address at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting, Jindal said the GOP doesn't need to change its values but "might need to change just about everything else we are doing."

"We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults," he said. "We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."
    Election Night Special LOL!

I actually like many or the GOP ideas but then I will listen to Rush Limbaugh on my lunch and listen to what the tea party has to say and the influence the two have on the GOP and I cant even think of voting for them

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    I actually like many or the GOP ideas but then I will listen to Rush Limbaugh on my lunch and listen to what the tea party has to say and the influence the two have on the GOP and I cant even think of voting for them
    The problem with politicians is that their goals are not the same as the citizens.

^^^ Especially after 'election' time when the citizens discover the details and repercussions of their policies and goals [[stated and unstated)!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-26-13 at 07:56 AM.