Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lorax - Automotive question

I recall on another thread about Chrysler that your dad used to work for them. From what I understand, many retirees were offering to volunteer their time to the "new" Chrysler. I was wondering if he or anyone else you knew was part of that effort. I found it interesting that some of the "old school" guys/gals are willing to get in there to help it go in the right direction.

Lorax Guest

Hi, Pam helped me find the connections, guess I'm not seeing as well as I used to!

My dad hasn't been able to contribute as such- he's become quite sedentary in his old age, and as much knowledge and insight as he has, he's so distracted by his real estate concerns, his health, etc. I could suggest it, and see what he has to say- in fact I've been trying to get him to interview with someone before it's too late, as I think he's one of the last living links to a time in automotive history when vehicles were designed from concept to production by one individual. I'll see what he has to say. Thanks for the message.

I can imagine he's a walking encyclopaedia concering the auto industry, specifically Chrysler. I had to track down the article on AllPar but here it is about the National Chrysler Retiree Association offering to work with the new company. I"m sure some of your dad's old co-workers are in this as well.
    It was more out of curiosity, but since this is an important moment in our industrial history, I thought it was a fantastic gesture by Lee & the NCRA to get involved.
    http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...welcomes-fiat/
    Iacocca welcomes Fiat, retirees volunteer