Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Did You Attend Arthur Jr. High?

If so, I’d love to share memories of the school, students, and teachers. I attended Arthur from 1967-1969 and then went on to Denby until my graduation in 1972.

I was discussing Arthur last week on Facebook with several others who attended at roughly the same time. While we remembered most of our fellow students well, we could remember only a few teachers. At any rate, if you’re an Arthur alumnus, I’d love to hear from you for nostalgiac discussions.

My church used Arthur to worship at after they sold on the Blvd, & Cadieux bldg wasn't done yet. Circa 52-53.

Softball team from church used the playground as a practice field from early 50's thru late 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Denby_Alum View Post
    If so, I’d love to share memories of the school, students, and teachers. I attended Arthur from 1967-1969 and then went on to Denby until my graduation in 1972.

I was discussing Arthur last week on Facebook with several others who attended at roughly the same time. While we remembered most of our fellow students well, we could remember only a few teachers. At any rate, if you’re an Arthur alumnus, I’d love to hear from you for nostalgiac discussions.
    There is a recently established Facebook group you may wish to check out for discussion of Arthur. It is called "Arthur Junior High - Detroit."

I attended Arthur for 1 year...fall of '63 to June of '64. Counselor was Mr. Wheeler, Typing teacher was Mr. Uhazie, Spanise teacher was Mrs. DeLise. My Algebra teacher was Mrs. Boyle [[didn't know till years later that it wasn't coffee in that thermos). Mrs. Culp was Music and Miss Robbins was Auditorium. Mr. Khoury was American History, Mrs. Tomlian was English. I remember very little about the school. I can remember way back to before my first day in Kindergarten at Carleton, but Arthur is a blur.