Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Anyone notice?? [...since the Auto Show came to town ... no multiple murders...]

Has anyone noticed that since the Auto Show came to town there have been no multiple murders, no drive bys, no arson fires, no gang violence. Is there a truce among the gangs and arsonists and rapists in Detroit right now?

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that since the Auto Show came to town there have been no multiple murders, no drive bys, no arson fires, no gang violence. Is there a truce among the gangs and arsonists and rapists in Detroit right now?
    More likely an agreement among the newscasters and reporters to backpage the crime.

Patience, it hasn't even been a week. Not to mention the public days just kicked off yesterday.

still can't solve that annoying street-light problem......

There is to much money in town now, stealing it is the main objective

A house around the corner from me was just burnt up in the last couple of days. I hear sirens every night. I see now let up in any crime whatsoever.

serpico Guest

Only LeDuff and Fox 2 news are reporting how things actually are. Detroit doesnt have fire equiptment to fight large fires in Detroit, so if Cobo Hall were to have a need for help, Detroit couldnt do a damn thing but spit on the building.... I wonder all the people working downtown realize how unsafe the city has become. Would you like to work in a city that doesnt even have an aerial ladder truck that doesnt function?? With all of Dan Gilbert's money along with Mike Illitch, neither one will demand proper fire protection for their employees..... http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...ngerously-thin

I saw LeDuff's story and he's 100% correct.
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...-much-to-blame

This story is absolutely horrible. In all my years with DFD I have never heard of it taking 20-22 minutes to reach a fire and never have I heard of them sending an engine from so far away.

I saw LeDuff's story and he's 100% correct.
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...-much-to-blame

This story is absolutely horrible. In all my years with DFD I have never heard of it taking 20-22 minutes to reach a fire and never have I heard of them sending an engine from so far away.
    I heard the other pumpers were busy at three other locations. All the crew at the scene had were redlines. Not good at all.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I heard the other pumpers were busy at three other locations. All the crew at the scene had were redlines. Not good at all.
    The real crime might not be a lack of working equiptment but rather the inability of Detroiters to ask for help. Detroit it appears would rather let buildings burn down than to ask its neighbors for help. How difficult is it for Detroit to pick up a phone and ask for help?