Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

serpico Guest

Default A standing State Supreme Court justice charged with Felonies......

Good! Throw the book at her and her attorney husband. ' Working the system" is something she has undoubtedly sent people to prison for in her court. Hopefully, the "good old boy school" will not be around when it comes time for her and hubby to face the music.

serpico Guest

Well if the Feds get around to charging Turkia.. maybe they could be bunkies

I agree with grancan, but know better.

She got what she had coming, they ought to send her up the same river she convicted others, but she won't get anything more than a slap on the wrist, and pay a fine. If I was caught doing it they would probably throw me under the jail. She'll move to another state, get re-elected as a Judge, then write a book to capitalize on her ordeal. Wouldn't suprise me one iota.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-20-13 at 03:20 AM.

Is this the justice that got elected on the back of a sleazy attack ad campaign launched the weekend before the election?

Poetic justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    She got what she had coming, they ought to send her up the same river she convicted others, but she won't get anything more than a slap on the wrist, and pay a fine. If I was caught doing it they would probably throw me under the jail. She'll move to another state, get re-elected as a Judge, then write a book to capitalize on her ordeal. Wouldn't suprise me one iota.
    Judges who behave badly deserve a special hell.

Wouldn't she be "sitting"?

She needs to be standing in the corner. I am furious with her, a lot of people trying to achieve some balance wasted their votes.

Its sad, even the judges are crooks. Just another crocked Michigan Dem.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Its sad, even the judges are crooks. Just another crocked Michigan Dem.
    What makes you think Republicans are saints? Crooks cross all party lines, ever heard of Thaddeus McCotter?
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-20-13 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    What makes you think Republicans are saints? Crooks cross all party lines, ever heard of Thaddeus McCotter?
    I did not say anything about Rep's. Many of them are crooked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I did not say anything about Rep's. Many of them are crooked as well.
    Looked to me like you misspelled "crooked" Michigan Dem, not sure what crocked means. If that's not what you mean't, then accept my sincerest. Repubs are just as crooked, case in point, YOUR Governor.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-21-13 at 10:03 AM.

Crocked would be LBP.

I wonder if she's still entitled to her salary from somewhere as per Judge Wade McCree [[$12,000.00 per month) and Godbee? Does it only apply to cities and not to State, or is she the wrong gender, or maybe her transgression is considered too bad. I wonder who decides, and of course who signs the checks?
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...l-getting-paid
    Last edited by coracle; January-24-13 at 09:49 AM.

It should burn everyone's tail to know she is going to get a pension after only 4 years of State employment.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    It should burn everyone's tail to know she is going to get a pension after only 4 years of State employment.
    And a very big pension at that. She doesn't deserve it.