Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mattress Manufacturer in the Region?

My mattress is due for replacement. One thing that I strive to do with as many purchases as possible is buy locally made goods. After all, if it is made here, the workers will spend money here and support our local economy.

I seem to remember several years ago hearing that one of the major manufacturers actually has a large factory here [[Serta, Sealy, or Simmons). I have tried google and can't come up with an answer to the question of who manufacturers mattresses around here. Can anyone answer this question?

Help me keep our neighbors employed! Thanks!

Informs that Serta has celebrated the opening of its manufacturing facility in Romulus, Michigan.

Not sure if the sheep are local or sent in from Hollywood though.

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/ar...t-new-facility

Funny how they list it under Detroit and not Romulus. Name recognition counts for something.
    Last edited by Richard; January-19-13 at 12:30 AM.

Check out Capitol Bedding. They are based in Lansing. I have one of their mattresses and am very satisfied. I also have some J Stevens mattresses from western Michigan, which are very good but not quite as substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    My mattress is due for replacement. One thing that I strive to do with as many purchases as possible is buy locally made goods. After all, if it is made here, the workers will spend money here and support our local economy.

I seem to remember several years ago hearing that one of the major manufacturers actually has a large factory here [[Serta, Sealy, or Simmons). I have tried google and can't come up with an answer to the question of who manufacturers mattresses around here. Can anyone answer this question?

Help me keep our neighbors employed! Thanks!
    King Koil Mattress

Phone: [[586) 293-4000Fax: [[586) 293-643730450 Little Mack, Roseville, MI 48066

Two mattresses made in the region? More in the state? Wow that is a lot more than I expected! Thanks everyone.

I believe each of the following manufacture at least some matresses in Michigan:
    Capitol Bedding
    Serta
    King Koil
    Restonic
    Peerless
    Seely
    Spring Air.

I think Seely, King Koil, Spring Air, Peerless and Restonic are HQ'd here as well. Serta is based in suburban Chicago

Aren't mattresses like appliances, where several brands are made in the same factory?

Be sure you don,t get stung by this local scam!!!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19...cret-uncovered

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Be sure you don,t get stung by this local scam!!!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19...cret-uncovered
    Holy Smokes! [[Don't buy one Made in Livonia!)