Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Moosejaw makes it permanent downtown, first in long line of retailers

Today I went by an article claiming that Moosejaw is considering making their Detroit Downtown location permanent. Maybe they were a little late. A comment from the Moosejaw relocation team wrote this: Just an FYI, the Moose Jaw store became permanent last week. I work on the relocation team. Done deal, signed sealed-delivered. #OpportunityDetroit. So, who else is excited?? Don't stop reading yet. Turns out Dan Gilbert will also be releasing his retail renaissance sometime soon. Remember, it should include retailers such as Target and Apple.

neat. Um, what is Moosejaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    They are a Michigan based chain of outdoor clothing and gear. All over the Detroit Metro. But they have stores in Chicago, KC, and I think somewhere on the East coast.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    They are a Michigan based chain of outdoor clothing and gear. All over the Detroit Metro. But they have stores in Chicago, KC, and I think somewhere on the East coast.
    It is ironic that thirty years ago to the date that Downtown's major retail store Hudsons, had closed it's doors. Now 30yrs later one of a line of retail, MooseJaw, had announced it's permanent stay

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    It's a store for people who live active outdoor lifestyles. People who run, walk, hike, camp, kayak, etc.

Awesome news... wish they were still doing Free Beer Fridays though...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Awesome news... wish they were still doing Free Beer Fridays though...

I will shop there tomorrow. nice!

Quote Originally Posted by deep6six View Post
    I will shop there tomorrow. nice!
    They were giving out free Atwater Beer on Friday's prior to Christmas. The last two I've went by I didn't see the bartender... Good luck to you though, maybe they brought it back this week!

Yeeaaaa ! this is great news ! I've spent a lot of money there over the Holidays so I'm glad it worked out for them . The free beer was ONLY for the Holidays , it was good while it lasted and now I drink atwater beer LOL ;-)
    I will still shop there because I'm a workout nut !

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    Today I went by an article claiming that Moosejaw is considering making their Detroit Downtown location permanent. Maybe they were a little late. A comment from the Moosejaw relocation team wrote this: Just an FYI, the Moose Jaw store became permanent last week. I work on the relocation team. Done deal, signed sealed-delivered. #OpportunityDetroit. So, who else is excited?? Don't stop reading yet. Turns out Dan Gilbert will also be releasing his retail renaissance sometime soon. Remember, it should include retailers such as Target and Apple.
    Relocation? So, are they moving to a bigger location or expanding? The former "Athlete Foot" store on the eastside of Woodward, next to Jazz Liquor store. It will fit nice in that space if they decided to relocate.

Based on the dress code alone, I would not want to drive one of their trucks.

Umm, kayak? Count me out then. Does a stroll at the park count? I do go to the gym regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brich View Post
    It's a store for people who live active outdoor lifestyles. People who run, walk, hike, camp, kayak, etc.

Moosejaw in Downtown Detroit maybe a great start on the Woodward Business Corridor. But they will keep their store open Thursday Though Sunday until more retail and customer patronage increases. I hope it works.

The wife and I dropped some coin over the holidays at the downtown store. My hope is they expand the offering at this store as the holiday selection was limited.

What time to they close? Most downtown retailers in the past have had early close times...

There is a mismatch between your heading and 'considering'. I visited this store, it was tiny and did not have much selection or departments. No gear just t-shirts and jackets.

I drove down that strip today and I must say it looked great to see all the shops...like a real, actual city!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    There is a mismatch between your heading and 'considering'. I visited this store, it was tiny and did not have much selection or departments. No gear just t-shirts and jackets.
    They did[[do?) have a small amount of backpacks and such in the back behind the women's section and they have a small selection of accessories [[hats, gloves, water bottles, etc). This particular store has a very limited amount of space though, which is probably about 90% jackets and coats - which is Moosejaw's main product line. Most Moosejaw stores also have a decent selection of things for hiking, skiing, and other outdoor activities.

Hello Strommy, I dug it too. I drove past yesterday evening and the row of stores did look great. I liked the vertical string lighting that flanks the buildings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I drove down that strip today and I must say it looked great to see all the shops...like a real, actual city!

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    Based on the dress code alone, I would not want to drive one of their trucks.

I love it when people take the piss out of themselves.
    Great sense of humor.