Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Crittendon for Detroit Mayor?

We are following reports this morning that Crystal Crittendon is considering a run for Detroit mayor.
    Last edited by WWJNewsradio950; January-14-13 at 07:13 AM.

And pigs can now fly?

Who didn't see this one coming.

In any event, I'm voiting for anyone who's last name isn't Bing. That said, I'm not impressed by them either.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-14-13 at 10:22 AM.

the free-for-all is in full effect. I wonder why we haven't heard yet about new candidates for city council yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    the free-for-all is in full effect. I wonder why we haven't heard yet about new candidates for city council yet?
    There are a few rumblings I personally know of, but am keeping it in confidence out of respect for their potential candidacy.

I know of a few that aren't running again as well.

We'll just say that there's a lot of activity surrounding CC, but given the uncertainty around the consent agreement, EM, bankruptcy, etc. nobody's quite ready to move their chess pieces.

Sheila Cockrel for Mayor!

Oh HELL NO! Crittendon ran the Detroit Corporate Council to cold dark ground. No more same old sloppy Detroit city leaders who just show horsing around. She will NEVER get my support ever. Detroit needs new people and new leadership. Crittendon will lose before the primaries.

MIKE DUGGAN FOR MAYOR OF DETROIT 2013.

Crittendon was not a supporter of open records. As the city's attorney, she fought requests for public records and cost the city millions of dollars. Someone who fights against transparency is not someone I want as a leader.

Oh dear, I hope not.

Well, announcing a candidacy doesn't mean anything. I could announce I'm running for Mayor, and that doesn't mean its going to go anywhere. M.i.t.t. [[Motorized Intelligent Technodrone Terminal) Romney announced he was running for President, after all, and we all know how silly that was.

Duggan has already been chosen as the heir apparent by regional gentry, so it doesn't really matter. That appears to be how we get our mayors now.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Well, announcing a candidacy doesn't mean anything.
    No joke. Stephen Colbert announced his candidacy, too, on the Colbert Report. Hell, I hereby announce the formation of my exploratory committee to elect CTY as Mayor.

Please send photo and $200 [[cash) along with your application.

Maybe Gil Hill will run.....

I would vote for her over the Pillsbury Doughboy [[Benny Napoleon) any day of the week. One look at Benny's list of appointees and I can envision what his administration would look like. Crittendon managed a major city agency during extraordinarily lean times. Please compare the size of that department under Archer to what it is today.

And I've rarely seen a public official so regularly and wrongly attacked by the press. Nolan Finley repeatedly made reference to lawsuits she allegedly filed attacking the sacred consent agreement. She filed exactly one suit, it was a declaratory action [[did not seek an injunction) and when the trial judge rejected the argument, she did not appeal it. The suit lived for less than two months. There were no other suits, but that fact never stopped Mr. Finley's bile filled pen.

Crittendon became an all purpose scapegoat for the ineptitude of the Bing administration, which simply does not know what it is doing.

Good luck to her! At least she's not scared to put up a fight for this city.

serpico Guest

My man is The Reverend David Murray for Mayor of Detroit....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjl5cHneyw

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    I would vote for her over the Pillsbury Doughboy [[Benny Napoleon) any day of the week. One look at Benny's list of appointees and I can envision what his administration would look like. Crittendon managed a major city agency during extraordinarily lean times. Please compare the size of that department under Archer to what it is today.

And I've rarely seen a public official so regularly and wrongly attacked by the press. Nolan Finley repeatedly made reference to lawsuits she allegedly filed attacking the sacred consent agreement. She filed exactly one suit, it was a declaratory action [[did not seek an injunction) and when the trial judge rejected the argument, she did not appeal it. The suit lived for less than two months. There were no other suits, but that fact never stopped Mr. Finley's bile filled pen.

Crittendon became an all purpose scapegoat for the ineptitude of the Bing administration, which simply does not know what it is doing.

I'd vote for her over Finley, too. Thanks for your post. That's what I remember most about her, that she challenged the administration. I guessed I missed something along the way, but I wish I understood what all the vitriol directed towards her is about.

I'm voting for the Eat Em Up Tigers guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovf9tMJFmvQ

Wrongly attacked?

That might be the single funniest line I have ever read in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    My man is The Reverend David Murray for Mayor of Detroit....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjl5cHneyw
    I insist that he be referred by his full name.

"Rev. Reverend David Murray".

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I insist that he be referred by his full name.

"Rev. Reverend David Murray".
    I thought he recently added "The" to his name as well?

Agreed on all fronts evergreen.

We could do worse...

But dammit, we CAN do better!

Crittendon will probably get JoAnn Watson's backing. Another reason.