Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Nice book on Detroit.....

Something wrong with that price. Try eBay - $26.50, or Amazon - $31.50

Looks like a good book, but not for that price. Has anyone read Heroes? I've heard good things.

If anyone happens to be in Washington DC in the near future there is a "Detroit Disassembled" exhibit based on this book, as well "Detroit is no dry Bones." I had the opportunity to visit both exhibits. They are full of wonderful large format photography as well as some unique outsider perspectives.

Detroit Disassembled

Detroit is no Dry Bones

I don't know if there will be more speaker series', but I had the opportunity to listen to Camilo Jose Vergara discuss his experiences photographing Detroit and other relatively similar environments. I highly suggest seeing oth his exhibit and perhaps the lecture if you are in the DC area.