Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Barbara Rose complains about the Free Press

Barbara Rose complains about the Free Press again. She gets into a fight with S Cockrel about lumping her with Monica plea. What this have to do with city issues?
    WJBK has the video,
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ouncil_Another_

Hopefully, the next Detroit City Council won't have 7 females to 2 males.

In regards to Councilwoman Collins, what she did was disrespectful. Throwing S. Cockrel name in the mix because she is tired of bad press is silly and she had to bring it up in a Council session. If was S. Cockrel, I would cuss her ass out for that. That's just as bad as Kobe throwing out Shaq's name to the police in Colorado.
    Last edited by R8RBOB; June-30-09 at 09:23 PM.

When in doubt, throw someone else under the bus.

It had an epiphany watching that video; realizing that it truly is over for this great city.

MIRepublic Guest

Really, who cares what BRC says, anymore? She's about as lame a duck as a duck can get.

Let's see. Collins, S. Cockrel, and Conyers will be gone. Tinsely-Talabi, Kenyatta, Watson, and K. Cockrel stay, more likely. Will Reeves make the cut? Either way, Detroit's basically getting a new council, coming up.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; June-30-09 at 09:10 PM.

Mista Alan Guest

It's not really clear who she was complaining about...she hasn't been in the news for a while.

wonder how many nits live in that brillo-pad of a wig?

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post
    It had an epiphany watching that video; realizing that it truly is over for this great city.
    The link didn't work for me, but I watched coverage on local TV. I agree. This is depressing.
    Ms Cockrel should be angry, and the meeting should not have broken down like that. Too many ignorant self serving incompetents drawing an $81,000 salary while embarrassing and mismanaging the City.
    There is talk that things might change with the new election, but how can that be realistically expected when clearly unprofessional candidates have recently been chosen? Worst of all BRC plays the race card in a feeble attempt to "save" her reputation.
    What a shame.

lilpup Guest

I see signs of the race and God cards not being as effective going forward as they were in the past.

Obviously Barbra R. Collins hates Sheila because she is the lone white person on clown council. Remember, she hates the white race, but claims to love the individuals[[I hate the race, but...), yeah, right Babs.

She, as well as Mon the Con[[vict) have shown their racists feelings, now, the challenge is for all Detroiter's, of all colors and ethnic back rounds, to rise up and elect folks who represent Detroit's needs, not their own personal agenda.

Will Detroiter's vote by race, or by qualifications, that is the question, only time will tell...

The answer is.....Yes and no.

Buy American Guest

I respect Shiela Cockrel. Remember, she is the blackest white person on the clownsil....she was married to one of the most radical politicians in Detroit's history.

Ahhh. But remember, if David Duke was in S. C.'s position, he too would be the blackest white person on the Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I respect Shiela Cockrel. Remember, she is the blackest white person on the clownsil....she was married to one of the most radical politicians in Detroit's history.
    I respect her, too. But her color is inconsequential. She pissed off a few cops, decades ago [[they named their pig mascot "Sheila"), but there were some loose cannons on the force then. She has worked profesionally and hard to improve the City that she cares about. I wish her well in her next position.
    Thank you, Sheila!