Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Major commercial farm proposed for Detroit

I like the part about the cider mill and pony rides.

http://tinyurl.com/dc9pgm

Honestly, the idea is just crazy enough to work.I don't think it would necessarily conflict with community gardens any more than farms around Ann Arbor conflict with the numerous community gardens there, and it would sure jazz up the landscape.

Other opinions?

OK, sorry, missed the earlier post. I went to the "Go Advanced" page but still cannot delete the post.

The tinyurl link does not work

I seriously had a dream two nights in a row where I esentially put together the same type of project that they are talking about. I think it could work and at least it would get land back to producing some kind of revenue as opposed to just sitting there as a drain.