Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Attempted Robbery at Woodbridge Pub?

Just saw this on the local news. Does anyone have anymore information?

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    Just saw this on the local news. Does anyone have anymore information?
    I don't know, does anyone have a link?

Shollin Guest

An attempted robbery in Detroit? I'm speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    An attempted robbery in Detroit? I'm speechless.
    You could try not saying anything, then.

I had a friend who was there at the time. Apparently somebody came in with a rifle and tried to rob everyone, but she took off out the back.

What pisses me off about these assholes is that they've run so many businesses out of town already and now they're after one of the few bright spots in the city where people of all walks of life can - or could - generally feel comfortable. Instead of trying to knock the place over, why not apply for a fucking job there? Oh, right, because woe is you, single parent, whatever. Hey, I spent most of my childhood in a single parent household of modest means and I don't go around ripping people off. The city has more than its share of real fucking animals, I tell you. Round them up and make them do hard labor. This city sure has enough shit that needs to be cleaned up. Oh, but working would be against their civil rights. What about my right not to get stuck up when I'm eating dinner?
    Last edited by poobert; January-12-13 at 11:38 AM.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    You could try not saying anything, then.

I had a friend who was there at the time. Apparently somebody came in with a rifle and tried to rob everyone, but she took off out the back.

What pisses me off about these assholes is that they've run so many businesses out of town already and now they're after one of the few bright spots in the city where people of all walks of life can - or could - generally feel comfortable. Instead of trying to knock the place over, why not apply for a fucking job there? Oh, right, because woe is you, single parent, whatever. Hey, I spent most of my childhood in a single parent household of modest means and I don't go around ripping people off. The city has more than its share of real fucking animals, I tell you. Round them up and make them do hard labor. This city sure has enough shit that needs to be cleaned up. Oh, but working would be against their civil rights. What about my right not to get stuck up when I'm eating dinner?
    Racist.....

It was two children, one of whom had a BB gun. A patron took it away from him, kicked him in the nuts and chased them right back out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    It was two children, one of whom had a BB gun. A patron took it away from him, kicked him in the nuts and chased them right back out the door.
    Don't think it was a BB gun, it was a shotgun.

It was indeed a BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Don't think it was a BB gun, it was a shotgun.
    So which one of you two knows what really happened, and which one is full of shit?

I hope that did some permanent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    So which one of you two knows what really happened, and which one is full of shit?
    Go to the Woodbridge Pub Facebook page. The details are posted there, but it's just as I said: two children, one with a BB gun.

I heard it from a policeman who was working last night. Could be that Woodbridge Pub doesn't want people to think that someone can walk in to their establishment with a shotgun and hold the place up....bad for business. Two kids with BB gun sounds pretty tame, better for business.

It was indeed a BB gun.
    "You'll shoot your eye out...."

Or, it could be you're bullshitting. Or the cop was bullshitting. I believe the people who were there.

Sorry, cla, but I don't believe everything a cop tells me. And based on your past posts, well... On the other hand, Eric_c, I read the facebook comments and based on the detail, it sounds like a credible accounting to me. But, to be fair, it sounds like it was scarier than just a kid with a bb gun, and until the kid got to Mr. Bigfoot, he had everybody pretty well intimidated.

Or, it could be you're bullshitting. Or the cop was bullshitting. I believe the people who were there.
    Fifty sober people witness an event and you tend to get fifty different versions when they retell it. Now add alcohol and stir.

Maybe so, but why would you get so defensive with me when I'm writing something down that I was told by a cop who I deem credible; also, by my giving an opinion about the story and obviously you don't like what I said....did I disrespect you? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Sorry, cla, but I don't believe everything a cop tells me. And based on your past posts, well... On the other hand, Eric_c, I read the facebook comments and based on the detail, it sounds like a credible accounting to me. But, to be fair, it sounds like it was scarier than just a kid with a bb gun, and until the kid got to Mr. Bigfoot, he had everybody pretty well intimidated.
    Don't quite understand what previous posts offended you, would you like to explain?

I'm not understanding why these hairs are being split. Somebody went in there brandishing a weapon. It was an attempted robbery. I wouldn't take any solace in the fact that it was or wasn't a BB gun. The last thing I need when I go out to get loaded is a BB in my face from some wild bastard child.

I hope the Woodbridge has surveillance cameras. I'm amazed at how many businesses [[and cities) don't have cameras. In NYC, they're practically on every corner and in buildings, both city owned and commercial and that's how they catch perps.

I saw the report on Fox2Detroit this morning around 5 AM, which included a patron of the place, but there was no video or article on the Fox2Detroit web site?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    I hope the Woodbridge has surveillance cameras. I'm amazed at how many businesses [[and cities) don't have cameras. In NYC, they're practically on every corner and in buildings, both city owned and commercial and that's how they catch perps.
    Detroit should be putting in surveillance cameras But the city would never implement anything that would work. They choose to be the last city when it comes to embracing technology when it comes to security and service management. Just look at how they were the last major city in this country to adopt cell phone bus tracking...nearly after a decade it arrived in other Michigan cities.

Saginaw has already implemented the same police camera Chicago has and it's working.

The kids that did this are now liabilities. Can't say they'll be of much utility for society in the future. Put them in a chain gang and clean up all the rubbish in the abandoned city streets.
    Last edited by wolverine; January-12-13 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks. More and more teens are turning to crime, bolder and more frequently. Mostly for sport and dare. They are breaking into homes in broad daylight.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...T-Mobile-store

Sometimes their peers dare them to activities such as stealing personal property if available and when the opportunity comes up [[I experienced this personally).

Quote Originally Posted by neavling View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-13-13 at 07:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast