Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

ArmDetroit Guest

Default Local news websites

I was wondering if anybody else has noticed the amount of crazy that is the comment sections of any given local news web site. Whether it be freep, detnews, or clickondetroit, these people generally have nothing positive to say about anything.... ever. If someday the entire population of Wayne County were to join hands and sing We Are The World, the folks on those pages would turn it into a political debate or even somehow twist it into a Detroit vs. suburbs argument. Where do these people come from, and is the tension between metro Detroiters that bad? If these are the feelings of the majority of the areas citizens it's no wonder the city is in the shape it's in. Thank goodness for this site and the people that post here. While not all of you are always positive, at least when folks have negative comments it's usually backed up by constructive criticism explaining their position.

Shollin Guest

I never read the comments on the news articles. I make it a point to avoid the comments. If you think those comments are bad, just read the ones on a popular Youtube video. There's surely to be a war of words there

Don't fret. It's generally the same nutbars who repeatedly post on most sites. I tend to read the national sports, Espn, Foxsports, etc. and it's amazing in the entire country [[plus other countries) how often you see the same posters.

There are many reasons people troll. Sometimes people troll to mock an absurd position, to provoke a reaction, or promote an opinion they are afraid to espouse in real life. I would ignore those comments. Rarely, but sometimes it happens, does anyone post comments on a news article to actually facilitate understanding and to promote a worthwhile viewpoint. It's usually done for entertainment -- of which is mostly the purpose of many of our news media operations these days, instead of being informative.