Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The most progress than in the last 40 years

I would say that I've seen more progress in Detroit in the last 4 years than in my lifetime, I'm 50 something.
    I have heard more positive comments about Detroit.
    I have never seen this much development.
    I have never witnessed this many efforts of people working together.
    I have never believed that Detroit is on a comeback trail, than I do now.
    P.S. Especially given the circumstances of a bad national economy and our heighten crime. I wish that our crime would decrease. But still things are moving in the right.
    What do you think?

Once again, outside of downtown/mid-town, which represents a small, albeit very important, part of Detroit, ahh, no.

Wish away brother, I really hope the somewhat positive "trend" continues. The other shoe is nowhere near dropping yet, methinks.

9 and out. That's when my last kid will be heading off to college. Unless a miracle happens between then and now, which I don't personally see happening, I'm heading for the sun.

Shollin Guest

I'm younger than you and I remember some more feel good, Detroit is turning around, in the late 70's early 80's. The RenCen was just built, Joe Louis just opened, there was talk of mass transit downtown [[people mover), the city still had over 1 million people, Hudson's was still open, and there were still many stable neighborhoods. Now we're talking about tree farms, 7-11's, and Meijers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I'm younger than you and I remember some more feel good, Detroit is turning around, in the late 70's early 80's. The RenCen was just built, Joe Louis just opened, there was talk of mass transit downtown [[people mover), the city still had over 1 million people, Hudson's was still open, and there were still many stable neighborhoods. Now we're talking about tree farms, 7-11's, and Meijers.
    Don't forget the vintage cufflink store!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    I would say that I've seen more progress in Detroit in the last 4 years than in my lifetime, I'm 50 something.
    Check the Census numbers for "progress" in recent years.

At this rate of "progress", Detroit will be grasslands within a few decades.