Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Graffiti murals go viral

http://news.yahoo.com/rise-graffiti-...201100407.html

Thought I'd jump on today's new thread bandwagon. It's nice to read about us in the news in a positive light, no matter your stance on the subject of graffitti art.

Though i must say, the comment section is no nicer to us than our own region is, but not by much.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; January-09-13 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/rise-graffiti-...201100407.html

Thought I'd jump on today's new thread bandwagon. It's nice to read about us in the news in a positive light, no matter your stance on the subject of graffitti art.

Though i must say, the comment section is no nicer to us than our own region is, but not by much.
    Notice where the writer went to school,110 submissions for publication,Ferndale,Royal Oak,Birmingham and this is the positive message she wants to send about Detroit city proper.

I wonder if she should start promoting graffiti in say Royal Oak,what would happen?

Welcome to Detroit included in your tourist package is one complementary can of spray paint,please feel free to pick any building to make your mark and enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Notice where the writer went to school,110 submissions for publication,Ferndale,Royal Oak,Birmingham and this is the positive message she wants to send about Detroit city proper.

I wonder if she should start promoting graffiti in say Royal Oak,what would happen?

Welcome to Detroit included in your tourist package is one complementary can of spray paint,please feel free to pick any building to make your mark and enjoy your stay.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much it would cost to produce a piece like this? Would love to commission a mural of this level detail.
    thanks

phaps email him. His site has contact info

Murals are one thing, graffiti is another - most of what I see looks like a box car heading toward Gary Ind.

I would die to see a mural made by a woman who calls herself Mad-C in Detroit. Just look at this truly jawdropping Jurassic Park mural!!!

Some time ago she completed her magnum opus; a 700 square meter wall mural!! To put that in perspective in you money, that's a wall of 150x5 yards!! Google 700wall + madc for pictures
    Last edited by Whitehouse; January-14-13 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Please get out of the pool now.

Signed,

Everyone