Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Yowza: Crittendon FIRED

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in....html#comments

Somethin's in the water. Why Council would suddenly turn on this issue must mean they know something we don't.

According to a DetNews article, the vote was specificallyconcerning affirming the mayor’s legal right to hire or fire anyone in hiscabinet, not for any specific performance/behavior of Ms. Crittendon, though ofcourse, that’s not going to fly with those who support her. The vote was 6 – 3, the minority votes wereJones, Kenyatta and Watson.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Please tell me we're not going to read about some 6 figure severance pkg. or wrongful dismissal charge.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Please tell me we're not going to read about some 6 figure severance pkg. or wrongful dismissal charge.
    Ms. Crittendon will almost certainly be able to cobble together some evidence to provide a minimal basis for a whistleblower suit. She will hire one of the following attorneys: D. Gordon, G. Feiger or N. Yatooma.

""This is outrageous," said Watson. "There has been no discussion with the city council. No evidence presented. No documentation. The people of Detroit overwhelmingly support the corporation counsel..."

Uh, not this fucking citizen. God, talk about no evidence. She just pulled that out of her fat ass. Watson just has her mumu in a bunch because Crittendon has supported her agenda of obstructionism.

She also doesn't seem to understand the proceedings, much like how she doesn't understand most things. This woman isn't being criminally charged. The mayor can fire her if he wants, provided the Council approves. Which they did. Done.

The three stooges need to crash and burn. Watson is a menace and Kenyatta seems to have lost it a bit. Jones is the quieter one but with good reason. If you've ever had a conversation with her it becomes very clear how clueless she is. As bad as the council as a whole is, those three are the ones seemingly determined to bring the city down out of defiance.

They way I heard it, she's been removed as the City Atty, not fired, just demoted back to a regular corp counsel atty.

There has gotta be more to the story, where is the juicy stuff?

There's nothing "juicy" about anything of this.

The narcissistic rubber stampers are simply trying to avoid the appointment of an EM in the 11th hour. They're doing everything posible to appease the state of Michigan.

"Heaven forbid a dictator I've never heard of comes in and tells me what to do, or worse, cut my pay!!! When it's all said and done, I can take the thousands I've stashed in the stock markets and savings bonds these past 4 years, find a nice McMansion in Oakland County and submit my resume to one of the firms I handed a city contract off to."

Maybe that was the intention of kicking off the financial review in the first place. Maybe Snyder figuered if he began the appointment process for an EM that the city council would finally be persuaded to meeting their end of the consent agreement. Thus, when the review is over, maybe he'll rule that the City Council has made enough progress in the city's financial restruturing and he'll hold off on the EM appointment. Keep in mind, when Snyder pulls the EM trigger, Detroit's problems are effectively his responsibility.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-09-13 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    There's nothing "juicy" about anything of this.

The narcissistic rubber stampers are simply trying to avoid the appointment of an EM in the 11th hour. They're doing everything posible to appease the state of Michigan.

"Heaven forbid a dictator I've never heard of comes in and tells me what to do, or worse, cut my pay!!! When it's all said and done, I can take the thousands I've stashed in the stock markets and savings bonds these past 4 years, find a nice McMansion in Oakland County and submit my resume to one of the firms I handed a city contract off to."

Maybe that was the intention of kicking off the financial review in the first place. Maybe Snyder figuered if he began the appointment process for an EM that the ciyt council would finally be persuaded to meeting their end of the consent agreement. Thus, when the review if over, maybe he'll rule that the City Council has made enough progress in the city's financial restruturing and he'll hold off on the EM appointment. Keep in mind, when Snyder pulls the EM trigger, Detroit's problems are effectively his responsibility.
    My roommate and I were discussing this briefly yesterday, and we came to the opposite conclusion:

By firing the Corp Counsel AND refusing to approve budget cuts, I think City Council is doing everything they can to distance themselves from the implications of an EM - basically, they realize it's coming down the pipe, and they want to ensure that 1) no legal barricades to the EM are present plus 2) they're not the ones that are to blame for the inevitable cuts that the EM will impose.

The EM's coming. Council knows it. They're trying to save their political asses.

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    My roommate and I were discussing this briefly yesterday, and we came to the opposite conclusion:

By firing the Corp Counsel AND refusing to approve budget cuts, I think City Council is doing everything they can to distance themselves from the implications of an EM - basically, they realize it's coming down the pipe, and they want to ensure that 1) no legal barricades to the EM are present plus 2) they're not the ones that are to blame for the inevitable cuts that the EM will impose.

The EM's coming. Council knows it. They're trying to save their political asses.
    "OH-oh, Dad's serious......"

What scares me about this is that they are doing this just to avoid the EM, then return to status quo after awhile. However, I think that the EM is coming regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    What scares me about this is that they are doing this just to avoid the EM, then return to status quo after awhile. However, I think that the EM is coming regardless.
    Of course. Most everyone would and does every day. Do what you can to get the most you can for your effort, with minimal pain.

That's why EM, EFM, CA bad. Not because they're anti-democratic --which is just hogwash -- but because they don't come close to solving the problems. The solution can only be dissolution. Even bankruptcy is a half-assed measure that doesn't clean up the messes.

Out with all the contracts, pensions, employees, leadership, etc. Then you'll see a better future for the citizens. And just maybe public officials around the country will start behaving better.

Crittendon violated the chain of command from Detroit City Charter. A corporate council execs. cannot issue a lawsuit against any one or any company and state governments without the mayor's permission. She excute the lawsuit against Lansing about the consent agreement that would prevent revenue sharing dollars by her decision not from Mayor of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Crittendon violated the chain of command from Detroit City Charter. A corporate council execs. cannot issue a lawsuit against any one or any company and state governments without the mayor's permission. She excute the lawsuit against Lansing about the consent agreement that would prevent revenue sharing dollars by her decision not from Mayor of Detroit.
    So now they are following the rules of the Detroit City Charter. But the state didn't when they issued a consent agreement. Bad decisions were made from the State, Mayor, City Council and Crittendon which the City of Detroit will be paying for with the lawsuits that will be coming.