Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default White-collar Chrysler employees NOT located at Tech Center?

I was speaking to a friend the other day that happens to work for Chrysler at the Tech Center in Auburn Hills. He mentioned something that most on this board already know; Chrysler has white-collar employees spread across the Metro area in locations other than the tech center [[mainly in rented space). With that being said, I am curious about how many of these employees exist? I know that there are roughly 70 in the Chrysler House and 600 at the TD Auto Finance HQ in Farmington [[which are not technically Chrysler employees). So, my question is, would anyone be able to ballpark how many white-collar Chrysler employees work in Metro Detroit, but away from the tech center in rented space?

There are a lot at the Jeep building on Plymouth road in Detroit [[former Nash headquarters) I forget now what they called that building. The former museum is about to become a cubicle farm on the southeast corner of the Auburn Hills campus.

Quote Originally Posted by 56packman View Post
    There are a lot at the Jeep building on Plymouth road in Detroit [[former Nash headquarters) I forget now what they called that building. The former museum is about to become a cubicle farm on the southeast corner of the Auburn Hills campus.
    That building closed several years ago and is now under attack by scrappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    That building closed several years ago and is now under attack by scrappers.
    Oh damn, another memory-trigger destroyed.

I was there when the Ram was in advanced testing phase, before launch. It was the single ugliest vehicle I'd seen since the Pacer. Although, that Aztec might've been a close second.

But the deep roar of the half-dozen or so ten-cylinder engines, leaking out of their sound-proofed test rooms, was so impressive.

I don't think they even had the Viper out yet, so some of those might've been aimed for that monster...not sure.

I'll ask a few of my Chrysler contacts to see if they know the answer to this question.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Oh damn, another memory-trigger destroyed.

I was there when the Ram was in advanced testing phase, before launch. It was the single ugliest vehicle I'd seen since the Pacer. Although, that Aztec might've been a close second.

But the deep roar of the half-dozen or so ten-cylinder engines, leaking out of their sound-proofed test rooms, was so impressive.

I don't think they even had the Viper out yet, so some of those might've been aimed for that monster...not sure.

I'll ask a few of my Chrysler contacts to see if they know the answer to this question.

Cheers!

Dear John,

the Aztec is second to none.

Did the Plymouth rd folks move to Auburn Hills?

I haven't worked for Chrysler since the '08 tailspin, did not know that.

I have a friend who works in facilities at the Tech Center, he's usually involved whenever employees relocate from one building to another, etc., he may well know an approximate number. If I think of it I'll ask him.

Thanks Jim. Honestly, I'm just curious because of a rumor I heard regarding Chrysler and all the movement by Rock Ventures downtown [[In addition to the 70 folks in Chrysler House)...reading between the lines, the rumor is that Chrysler may be moving a much larger chunk of folks downtown in the near future. Again, for disclaimer, this is only a rumor.