Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Oh Oh! Here come another Debt Ceiling Proposal.

Since the new 113th mostly women U.S. Congress will be session. The first thing they would be working on is raising the Debt Ceiling in the coming months to avoid credit default, loss of government payments, Social Security, Food Stamps, some world global ecomonies, super depression or else having Communist China come in owning U.S. arable lands.

Will the new 113th Congress will raise the Debt limit or cap it? Or let U.S. go into default with no plans? Any thoughts. This is the 104th time that the Liberty Bond Act of 1917 U.S. debt limit will keep on growing with no sings of slowing down.
    Last edited by Danny; January-05-13 at 02:15 PM.

Danny, what are you doing here? I thought you planned to expire 12-21-12.

Happy New Year Danny ------ !

Why bother with a debt ceiling at all when it's obvious our politicians are inching closer and closer to financial meltdown? It's obvious that's where we are headed. All the efforts from both parties indicate neither are going to take real steps toward stopping it from happening. So why not just give them an unrestrained debt limit so we can just speed up the process of defaulting and crashing the economy beyond the point of repair? It's going to happen. We are seeing a dog and pony show from Democrats and Republicans, pretending the debt matters to them, when it clearly doesn't.

Precisely. Nothing being done is really 'sustainable'. It's just a show I wish I was watching on TV instead of being an actual part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    ...We are seeing a dog and pony show from Democrats and Republicans, pretending the debt matters to them, when it clearly doesn't.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-08-13 at 03:56 AM.

I recently spoke to a politician from Canada. He was talking about how amazed he is about how Americans are generally uneducated about the peril our country is in regarding our finances. Our country has become a financial house of cards, one strong blow of the wind and it all comes down.

He spoke about how sad it is to see a once great beacon of freedom and leadership in the world has allowed itself to self destruct.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    I recently spoke to a politician from Canada. He was talking about how amazed he is about how Americans are generally uneducated about the peril our country is in regarding our finances. Our country has become a financial house of cards, one strong blow of the wind and it all comes down.

He spoke about how sad it is to see a once great beacon of freedom and leadership in the world has allowed itself to self destruct.
    I'm sure your Canadian friend also told you about their extensive banking regulations that prevented them from enjoying an economic crisis like ours.