Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Please Help ID this Car

This is not a quiz! I need to find out the make, model, & year of this car for a neighborhood history project. I'm pretty good at 50s cars but this stumps me. Thanks in advance to any experts!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I thought at first that it looked like a Hudson Jet with weird, Buick-like, side trim.

But, given the distinctiveness of that trim, I'm pretty sure it's a 1952 [[or maybe '53) Buick Special.

Last edited by EastsideAl; January-04-13 at 02:08 PM.

Here's my 2 cents: It's definately a Buick, because of the ports on the front fender. The side trim looks like 1952 or 53. The wheel covers look like 1953.

It looks like a 51 Buick Super........My grand parents had a 52 Super, lots of chrome and cloth interior......

Here is a link, since you stated that it was a class project, you may want to use this for citing purposes

The 52 had different back lights, and the 53 was a big change to the back portion of the car ,as well as different look...

http://www.buicks.net/years/51.shtml

Not fancy enough for a Century, has three ports so we are going with Buick Special, 51 or 52.

I think it's a 49 Super. the "character line" across the door is straight, after '49, they were more sculpted:

1950:

1949:

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I think it's a 49 Super. the "character line" across the door is straight, after '49, they were more sculpted:

1950:

1949:
    It's not a 49 or 50. I'd say a 51 to 53 Buick just by the shape of the tail lights.

1952 Buick Special.