Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default CPA Building Vandalism

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9112636&type=1

Anyone hear or see this happen. Such disgust for those who did this. It's a beautiful building right along a stretch of busy road.

You can call it vandalism. I call it a result of the Detroit Beautification Program.
    Be careful what you ask for!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    You can call it vandalism. I call it a result of the Detroit Beautification Program.
    Be careful what you ask for!
    LOLS. I don't call this beauty. I call it disgusting, ugly, and shamefully bad art. If the person that did this at least made something cool, it might be better, but it's like someone threw a paint can all over it without thought, just cause he/she thinks they are cool.

That building has been vacant as long as I can remember. It was a sitting duck. What is that 248 real estate firm doing to move that property? Are they going to clean that up? I know if somebody messed with my property, I'd sure as hell have to clean it up.

I feel confident in stating that nobody considers this "art" or part of the beautification project. This is just some D-bag driving around with their buddies and a paintwand spraying anything large they can get away with. The sloppyness on display communicates that they are intending to deface, and are in a hurry, indicating that they know what they are doing is wrong, even by tagger standards. This person[[s) has nailed restorable structures, occupied structures, clean under/over passes, newly paved streets, places downtown all the way up to 8 mile [[so they currently favor the Woodward corridor), aim high making removal extremely difficult, and is using a substance that is impossible to remove without using expensive and time consuming means. If I catch em, I'm gonna get ghetto with em folks, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    That building has been vacant as long as I can remember. It was a sitting duck. What is that 248 real estate firm doing to move that property? Are they going to clean that up? I know if somebody messed with my property, I'd sure as hell have to clean it up.
    This is what I posted on the link:

"No renovation was currently planned for the building that I have heard of, and while it sits listed for 1.2 milliion with most of the windows gone, I doubt this gets fixed any time soon. This, along with the GAR, are among my favorite buildings. I really wish the owner would offer a fair price so it can get renovated."

The building has been listed at 1.2 million for YEARS. O'Connor had the listing last [[I see that it's gone from the site now). Considering the lack of mothballing of the building that has been done to date, it would not surprise me to see it on fire shortly. Not one bit.
    Last edited by Islandman; January-02-13 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    This is what I posted on the link:

"No renovation was currently planned for the building that I have heard of, and while it sits listed for 1.2 milliion with most of the windows gone, I doubt this gets fixed any time soon. This, along with the GAR, are among my favorite buildings. I really wish the owner would offer a fair price so it can get renovated."

The building has been listed at 1.2 million for YEARS. O'Connor had the listing last [[I see that it's gone from the site now). Considering the lack of mothballing of the building that has been done to date, it would not surprise me to see it on fire shortly. Not one bit.
    And that will be next ,it is ugly and an eyesore and nobody is ever going to do anything with it so demolish it and it all started with an idiot and a spray can.

There were two similar hits on Chene. Same paint patterns. Looks like someone filled up a fire hydrant and sprayed the buildings. Sad.

They did spare the clock. Is this fool just ignorant as to how expensive it is to remove paint from limestone?

That Detroiturbex guy did it, so he had something to take photos of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    LOLS. I don't call this beauty. I call it disgusting, ugly, and shamefully bad art. If the person that did this at least made something cool, it might be better, but it's like someone threw a paint can all over it without thought, just cause he/she thinks they are cool.
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. You didn't pick up on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. You didn't pick up on that?
    I did, just gave a serious answer back. It's so disappointing that this happened.

I don't have Facebook, so I drove by it on the way home. Disheartening is my word to describe it, the green paint as well as the crap painted on the West side of the building too. So much for preservation. Someone ought to send a photo to those German students to get their "Detroit comeback" plan opinion.

The paint is being shot out of a fire extinguisher. So any coward can splash a building with paint without having to do much.

Yeah this damage is well beyond Krylon hand held can spray painting!

All over the building on the corner Washington Blvd. and Michigan.

This is anarchy, pure and simple. Inspired no doubt by the stupid "Beautification" project that endorses painting anti-social crap on buildings.

it is Detroit's "kristallnacht" - the deliberate destruction of the buildings and culture of Detroit.

^^ This messy *sshole started spraying long before the Grand River project started. Folks off of 8 mile have been forced to stare at the shit for at least the last two years.

I'd like for the cops to find him, throw him in the slammer and have him paint the whole prison while he's in there... with epoxy...and no respirator.

Just imagine if Detroit had a mobile laser graffiti removal equipment that is instantly dispatched as text message complaints come in and is removed within a day at zero cost to the owner. Building repaired as if nothing ever happened. Taggers lose, building owners win, neighborhood wins.

Cities that offer this service don't believe home and business owners are competent enough to remove the graffiti...which is true. That's why graffiti removal should be a public service.

Yes wolverine, I see where you're going but you have to make sure the dice aint loaded;

http://titocurtis.wordpress.com/2012...l-ah-montreal/

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes wolverine, I see where you're going but you have to make sure the dice aint loaded;

http://titocurtis.wordpress.com/2012...l-ah-montreal/
    Oh wow, interesting read!