Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Christmas Tree Burn 2013

I am hearing it is scheduled for Saturday, January 12th.

can you be arrested for watching?

I have gone the last 2 years and have seen zero police presence. The DFD usually shows up at some point.

DFD and DPD are there.just not in uniform. This year is going to be bigger than ever. 1000 trees. See ya there!

What time is the lighting of the trees this year?

Russix- 8 pm, see you there

You Americans must have a trick, our pine trees are only 2/3 weeks old after been cut, still green and wet, how do you get them to burn?

Just do as Aussies do, throw them out on the nature strip with the old box cathode television sets, the council will pick them up one day....

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Russix- 8 pm, see you there
    1 inch rain possible Saturday night, any chance of a rain date?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    You Americans must have a trick, our pine trees are only 2/3 weeks old after been cut, still green and wet, how do you get them to burn?

Just do as Aussies do, throw them out on the nature strip with the old box cathode television sets, the council will pick them up one day....

Cheers
    LOL yeah like that is going to happen. We have this thing here known as 'Bulk Pick-Up days' You can put stuff out four times per year. Better not miss it! BTW, 'Nature Strip' refers to what we call the median.
    Bulk Pickup Schedule:
    Code:W-58
    12/22/2011 [[Thursday)
    3/23/2012 [[Friday)
    6/21/2012 [[Thursday)
    9/21/2012 [[Friday)
    12/21/2012 [[Friday)

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    LOL yeah like that is going to happen. We have this thing here known as 'Bulk Pick-Up days' You can put stuff out four times per year. Better not miss it! BTW, 'Nature Strip' refers to what we call the median.
    Bulk Pickup Schedule:
    Code:W-58
    12/22/2011 [[Thursday)
    3/23/2012 [[Friday)
    6/21/2012 [[Thursday)
    9/21/2012 [[Friday)
    12/21/2012 [[Friday)
    Yeap median, need to keep the American theme going!

As for council pick ups, what they do now in Melbourne [most councils] is they no longer have 2 x annual pick ups, what you need to do is book your own personal pick up just for your own property, NOT allowed to place the rubbish out front till the day before, still has to be all neat and tidy [fun police!]

4 per year, they have reduced the amount collected by a massive amount by doing it like this:

http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/ha...collection.htm

Cheers

Russix- i dont think there is a rain date. The show must go on. If i hear anything, i will post it. See you there!

Russix- i dont think there is a rain date. The show must go on. If i hear anything, i will post it. See you there!
    This will be my first, I'm wondering...
    I won't have my van to bring my tree when I come at night, do people drop trees off beforehand? I could bring it, atop my van, around one, but I'm catching a ride later, and she doesn't want to put my dried-up carcass on her new-car roof. I can always wait for garbage day on Monday, but this sounds like more satisfying fun!

Alley-lots of people bring their trees down. See you there!

Alley-lots of people bring their trees down. See you there!
    Name:  2xradara4.gif
Views: 1030
Size:  62.6 KB

Rain doesn't look too bad!

Had an excellent time. The weather was perfect. Record amount of trees and spectators. Will try to post pictures. Anyone else having trouble posting pictures from an ipad?

Had an excellent time. The weather was perfect. Record amount of trees and spectators. Will try to post pictures. Anyone else having trouble posting pictures from an ipad?
    It did start pouring[[hard) sometime after 1 am. Awesome party, t-shirt weather too.