Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Woman attacked while shoveling snow

Woman attacked and raped while shoveling snow

This is horrid. Can you do anything outside of your home without the fear of being so violated or worse?!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...shoveling-snow

How's that Who' Food And Mai-yers coming along?
    Last edited by 313WX; December-30-12 at 09:00 AM.

Whole Foods and Meijers are proceeding well the last time I checked. What do you mean in relation to this crime that occurred in front of someones home?

A police officer had done a seminar at my job. The point that he had made during the seminar was that you do not go anywhere with the perpetrator if he demand to take you to another location. 9 times out of 10 he is intending to do harm to you. He know that he can't do it where both he and the victime are standing for fear of drawing attention. The detective had said if you going to get shot you might as well take your chances where you stand and not at another location. I know that advice is easier said than done. Each person act differently when facing an asshole with a gun. This is why I feel that people should be able to defend themselves by being armed with the proper training. Then the victim probably could get a shot off and shoot the rapist in his nuts

^^^ Yes. From things I've heard/ read it's best to take your chances right where you are. Hard to know precisely how one would react BUT going with the assailant is usually deadly! You have to watch your surroundings constantly! Ladies please do. Never go outside of your house without a cordless or mobile phone even for the trash or gardening. Don't respond when someone comes up to you for the time or to ask to use your phone... these are usually ploys to distract you, employing your being 'polite' when you need to be focused your safety

A few years ago I was out clearing out a car in front of my house to be sold and had a suspicious person come upon me but I saw him in the distance approaching. I had my mobile phone and got it out to call someone in my house, speaking loudly that I felt in danger, and started to head to the porch as he veered to approached me. In this case these simple gestures warded him off as he saw people looking out my windows and doors opening to intervene at a serious level... [[he suddenly crossed the street and then ran down an alley).

Most criminals really do not want an audience! They want to get you alone, paralyzed in fear, and without witnesses.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-12 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    How's that Who' Food And Mai-yers coming along?
    How's the closed head injury coming along??

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    How's the closed head injury coming along??
    The healing is progressing much faster than Detroit's "comeback." Thanks for asking!!!

I doubt the folks who have been victim of crimes recently feel things are turning around for better in the city, no matter how many Meijers and Whole Foods come and go [[and they will).

You have a serious problem on your hands when your citizens can't even shovel their snow without becoming the victim of a crime.
    Last edited by 313WX; December-30-12 at 02:14 PM.

Shollin Guest

In a city of 700k+, this is the first incident I have heard of someone being attacked while shoveling snow so don't make it out like you can't shovel snow safely.

That's a point in terms of what we/ you are 'hearing'! Cold weather keeps some criminals at bay. A percentage of crime goes on unreported - daily. And this brazen rapist is still out there so care needs to be taken rather you are 'shoveling', 'gardening', or 'mowing'! These folks are getting bolder - acting in broad daylight!

I am certain this woman is not comforted that it is infrequent ala winter time!

Indeed there's more criminality and attempts at such during the summer. That's when it happened to me [[an attempt in front of my house) and a friend that caught a stray bullet while mowing his lawn 2005. There was also a retired police official that had some problem while he was in his yard... I'll have to look up that link...

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    In a city of 700k+, this is the first incident I have heard of someone being attacked while shoveling snow so don't make it out like you can't shovel snow safely.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-12 at 03:00 PM.

Yep, they're getting bolder. Recall this front yard incident [[also during the day):

Former Detroit police chief Stanley Knox robbed in his front yard

http://www.freep.com/article/2012050...ey-Knox-robbed
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-12 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SubBourbon View Post
    I'm more surprised somebody in Detroit is actually shoveling their snow.
    That's a dumb comment.

One more reason to own a piece and be willing to use it. Begin with warning approaching whoevers that you are armed. If someone sneaks up on you and gets the jump, that's a different situation.

But if you get a handgun, learn how to use it and learn the law about self-defense.

Can anyone blame her for wanting to leave Detroit?

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...r-detroit-home

Very brave woman to speak out. He threatened her life at gun point were she to do so.

In a word 'NO' I cannot blame her for leaving Detroit behind this. Not at all.

I hope someone is staying with her until she moves and that they are well armed to apply lethal force should this rapist attempt anything further.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-01-13 at 06:40 AM.

DPD releases sketch of rape and kidnapping suspect

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20481368/dpd-releases-sketch-of-rape-and-kidnapping-suspect