Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Kovac's Bar

Default Kovac's Bar

Discovered DY some years ago. Decided to finally jump in. In my travels I have noticed that Kovac's Bar on West Jefferson has been closed for a year and a half maybe two? I used to stop in for an afternoon juice and shoot the breeze with Bob the owner. I couldn't help notice that the street in front of the bar was shoveled and salted yesterday?

serpico Guest

The owners of Kovac's are sitting on a property they think will be worth "millions" thinking the state will buy them out for the bridge. Remember Joeys Stables? the owner refused to sell until it was too late and got almost nothing in the end....
    By the way,.. the bridge will be built... not in Delray.. but in River Rouge.
    Last edited by serpico; December-28-12 at 11:43 PM.