Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White Racism

Default White Racism

I never thought I'd say it, but I think I liked it better in the old days.

In the old days, good old boy racists would say things like, "I'd rather live under Hitler than work next to a nigger."

And if you opposed them, as a white person, you'd get called a "nigger-lover" or a "race traitor."

Compare it to today: I've hardly posted anything about white racism on this forum before certain posters jump in.

Now, THEY'RE not racists. Of course, that's how they put it. THEY'RE not racists. And MOST white people in the Detroit suburbs aren't racists. There might be a few kooks out there, but overwhelmingly, suburban whites AREN'T racists.

[[But black people in Detroit ARE, generally, according to them, racist.)

Now, see, since no white people are really RACIST anymore, there's no such thing as RACISM anymore. So any accusations of RACISM on the part of WHITE people are predestined to go to that great dead letter office in the sky.

Now, to these non-racist people, since racism isn't a problem anymore, anybody who brings up the topic is playing a game. They're playing a game and they're playing the Race Card.

Never mind that the Race Card was a term used for WHITE people who CODED their racism to appeal to other racists, a la Nixon's Southern Strategy. No, only black people can play a race card today.

Because the only racists, obviously, are black people.

A few weeks ago I created a topic regarding some gross pointe robberies.

Basically a guy posted "there's a bunch of niggers running around GP be careful" only he did in a pussy cutesy way.

Of course some poster here had the brass fucking balls to lecture me that I need to understand that if us black only wouldn't act so antisocial others wouldn't feel comfortable judging us.

Yeah, the way racism is "coded" it's harder to tell is somebody is going all KKK on you. In a weird way, I have more respect for a plain' ol' bigot who lets you know how he feels.

I guess what I wonder is this:

If somebody insists that there is no such thing as white racism anymore, is this a hint that they too could be a white racist?

No fooling, or at least clueless as to the entire subject of interracial communion.

The great thing about this forum is that I can talk to you all without knowing your own skin complexion. I'm sure this group here must be very mixed, possibly 50/50 in caucasian vs. other colours. We really don't know but I really don't care.

[[I'm Caucasian, born and bred Dutchman.)

Racism is a subject that everybody needs to deal with in order for our region to begin to see a positive overall change with the ongoing racism epidemic It is something that should be expected to be discussed candidly and maturely for any ideas to be considered seriously.

Obviously i'm only wishful thinking. Although, wouldn't it be great if our region did come together in compromise to resolve this issue? [[that is caused by the refusal to work together) My opinion is simply keeping our lines of communication open to each other is vital for our success. We can greatly benefit as a region by respecting each other regardless of sex, color, sexual orientation, and social class among any other charicteristic of one's self

I could go on and on about this one of many issues metro Detroit has with being Greater Detroit as a region, But i would gather that i am just beating a dead horse.

- just my .02

if one criticizes Obama its because one is clearly racist....

i only oppose Obama's philosophy on taxation because he is black, if he were white I would likely welcome it with open arms...

the fact that one would dare ask for a copy of his college records is clearly only because he is black....

and the fact that I am angry that he has not yet fully closed Gitmo is a direct reaction to his skin color.....

this is the mentality of the "you are racist" finger pointing race card player...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    if one criticizes Obama its because one is clearly racist....

i only oppose Obama's philosophy on taxation because he is black, if he were white I would likely welcome it with open arms...

the fact that one would dare ask for a copy of his college records is clearly only because he is black....

and the fact that I am angry that he has not yet fully closed Gitmo is a direct reaction to his skin color.....

this is the mentality of the "you are racist" finger pointing race card player...
    No, I think it's important to question the president. Especially a president as lousy as Obama.

But there must be people who DO hate Obama because he's black. And they have ways of playing the race card too that are also quite effective.

In fact, the "race card" was originally a white tactic, not a black one.

Now, white people played the race card for a long, long time in the form of coded appeals to other white racists. And it was done with a big smile.

How many people who complain about "the race card" today were opposed to it back then? Or even acknowledge its use then?

Add to this that there are many legitimate opportunities for us to talk about racism. It's an important issue that needs to be discussed and, somehow, resolved.

How can that happen when, every time a person of color wants to discuss racism, there's some super-angry white guy out there ready to scream about "race cards" and "finger pointing" and "playing the victim"?

So while I don't think that being opposed to Obama means you're a racist, I do think the rush to scream "race card" at the very least lacks a necessary amount of civility and willingness to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    No, I think it's important to question the president. Especially a president as lousy as Obama.

But there must be people who DO hate Obama because he's black. And they have ways of playing the race card too that are also quite effective.

In fact, the "race card" was originally a white tactic, not a black one.

Now, white people played the race card for a long, long time in the form of coded appeals to other white racists. And it was done with a big smile.

How many people who complain about "the race card" today were opposed to it back then? Or even acknowledge its use then?

Add to this that there are many legitimate opportunities for us to talk about racism. It's an important issue that needs to be discussed and, somehow, resolved.

How can that happen when, every time a person of color wants to discuss racism, there's some super-angry white guy out there ready to scream about "race cards" and "finger pointing" and "playing the victim"?

So while I don't think that being opposed to Obama means you're a racist, I do think the rush to scream "race card" at the very least lacks a necessary amount of civility and willingness to understand.

oh for sure there are people that hate Obama only because he's black, they've always been around, they would hate him if he was or wasn't president.... these people are ignorant fools that probably don't the the difference between a democrat and a dipshit and couldn't explain the process of a bill becoming law despite seeing the cartoon on saturday morning...... i wonder how many people in this group of racists hate the black man but actually think his policies are good.... i am only guessing there are very few.....

on the flip of the coin, there are people that believe that any critisism of Obama is solely racism.... this guy is the black prophet and can do no wrong and any opposition surely has white pointy hoods hanging in their closets [[or are complete uncle toms if they are black)........

on the flip of the coin, there are people that believe that any critisism of Obama is solely racism.... this guy is the black prophet and can do no wrong and any opposition surely has white pointy hoods hanging in their closets [[or are complete uncle toms if they are black)........
    I'll go a little further than you on this. I think that Obama is a terrible president, and part of the reason he gets away with it is, frankly, because he's black. The main reason, though, is that he's a Democrat. A Democratic president can do exactly what Bush did and worse and Democrats sit placidly by and let it happen.

I'll go a little further than you on this. I think that Obama is a terrible president, and part of the reason he gets away with it is, frankly, because he's black. The main reason, though, is that he's a Democrat. A Democratic president can do exactly what Bush did and worse and Democrats sit placidly by and let it happen.
    I own and publish a newspaper, and I'm a democrat. Think that's an easy job these days. Most of my advertisers are wealthy republicans. It's not a lot of fun. I can't even imagine what being the president of of the U.S. would be like right now, despite being black. I can't think of any president in the past few decades that's had more obstacles to overcome. Why can't people come together and try to make things better for everyone. I'm just so sick and tired of all this negative diatribe.

Why is that ?

Yes! And if you are the recipient of such a pass how does one handle that?

Sometimes even the most basic criticism or a challenge renders you to be a right-winger who's in full lock-step with the opposition. Nonsense, but that is the knee jerk reaction too often.

Further, I've witnessed friends and family 'uncomfortable', yet willingly adapt to and justify some of president Obama's policies and positions against their own values, moral and social principles.

Thankfully I don't have to make too many adaptations and will not be surprised what new corners we'll be asked to go around - I'll not be obliged to follow without question.

....on the flip of the coin, there are people that believe that any critisism of Obama is solely racism.... this guy is the black prophet and can do no wrong and any opposition surely has white pointy hoods hanging in their closets [[or are complete uncle toms if they are black)........
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-12 at 08:22 AM.

Ummm, Just jokes I 'suppose'... Jamie Foxx sets it all straight should there be any ambiguity! Hah!

Foxx Calls Barack Obama Our Lord and Savior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XNhPeAd4t-k
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-12 at 09:28 AM.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think I liked it better in the old days.

In the old days, good old boy racists would say things like, "I'd rather live under Hitler than work next to a nigger."

And if you opposed them, as a white person, you'd get called a "nigger-lover" or a "race traitor."

Compare it to today: I've hardly posted anything about white racism on this forum before certain posters jump in.

Now, THEY'RE not racists. Of course, that's how they put it. THEY'RE not racists. And MOST white people in the Detroit suburbs aren't racists. There might be a few kooks out there, but overwhelmingly, suburban whites AREN'T racists.

[[But black people in Detroit ARE, generally, according to them, racist.)

Now, see, since no white people are really RACIST anymore, there's no such thing as RACISM anymore. So any accusations of RACISM on the part of WHITE people are predestined to go to that great dead letter office in the sky.

Now, to these non-racist people, since racism isn't a problem anymore, anybody who brings up the topic is playing a game. They're playing a game and they're playing the Race Card.

Never mind that the Race Card was a term used for WHITE people who CODED their racism to appeal to other racists, a la Nixon's Southern Strategy. No, only black people can play a race card today.

Because the only racists, obviously, are black people.
    More of your straw people; all stereotypical and conjured up to fit your own need to be the "...plain' ol' bigot who lets you know how he feels." and who you respect. As usual you're talking out the side of your asshole [[no CODE intended) to create racial controversy.
    Last edited by coracle; December-29-12 at 02:15 PM.

Like clockwork, every three or four months he sends up another flare announcing his disdain for and superiority over the strawmen racists he can't seem to live without. Either it's the result of some deep seated need for ego gratification, or he's hoping to get chicks with his earnest-striver-for-racial-justice pose. Whatever.

My favorite is the 'Obama is so divisive, never has America been so divided until Obama became president' diatribe. Ha ha. I don't remember the day and time we were all sitting around singing Kumbaya. Apparently it happened, then suddenly Obama became president and for the first time in our history white people knew they were white, black people knew they were black, and Hispanics knew they were Hispanics... but worst of all, women suddenly realized they were women. How will we ever get back to the peace and harmony we all knew pre-Obama?

LOL. People are so silly it's not even worth discussing most of the time.

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/12/kent...ermelon-video/

shut up about your straw man bullshit

As a Caucasian and a Colbert Conservative, I have a problem with liberals. Liberals see “inalienable” rights being denied everywhere. They have a hard time pledging allegiance to this great nation because they don’t believe our history has been one where for every day of our existence this has been a nation with “liberty and justice for all.”

That said, I must caution you that RACISM is an INCREDIBLY loaded/divisive concept. Racial bias, bigotry, chauvinism are everywhere you look. Liberals are much more sensitive to this stuff…I think it is part of their DNA…that’s why they see it where it does not exist.

I don’t believe that humans will ever be without such prejudices and, in the big scheme of things, they don’t matter much. It is my belief that only when these ideas partner with POWER, do we need to take a second look. Prejudice plus POWER makes the playing field on which we all INDIVIDUALLY compete uneven.

Everywhere I look, I see liberal bias is all over government. Government has power, and laws have been changed over the years to address what liberals call institutional racism…and liberals still aren’t happy!

Go back about 50 years and you get the Equal Pay, Civil Rights, and Voting Rights Acts. These liberal programs addressed issues the “free market” was already addressing.

If African Americans, women and other POC didn’t want to do the same work as white males for less money, all they had to do was individually make decisions NOT to work for employers who paid them less.

If these same groups didn’t want to work for employers who discriminated against them in employment practices, all they had to do was NOT work for such employers.

In both cases, if enough of the targeted groups individually decided NOT to work for such employers….the employers would have to change their policies or go out of business. +

Now, I won't disagree that these employer policies may have had a negative effect on POC and women. Some of that may even have been visited on generation after generation, seemingly making the opportunities that money can buy to become all we can be more limited. But the main point is that if enough negatively effected people make individual choices to address the problem...over time...sometimes over a very long time...in theory the free market works!

Now the Voting Rights Act is more troublesome. It takes deeper analysis. For this kind of “deep thinking” I have to go back to conservative icon, William F. Buckley.

Poll taxes, literacy tests and other challenges were indeed thrown up to POC in the South. Liberals with their "all seeing bias detector" believe that such institutional devices to make sure the best voters could vote...believe such practices more greatly disadvantaged POC. But as Buckley implies eight years before the law’s passage…it was for THE GREATER GOOD.

“The central question that emerges…is whether the White community in the South is entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally, in areas where it does not predominate numerically? The sobering answer is Yes—the White community is so entitled because, for the time being, it is the advanced race.” William F. Buckley, the father of modern Conservatism, commenting in 1957, on why Whites, although outnumbered by African Americans, must continue to control economic and political institutions in Southern states

Who could argue with such well-reasoned thinking? Liberals, that’s who! Even after liberals addressed this voting issue…the capstone to the Equal Pay, Civil Rights, and Voting Rights Act trilogy…there were problems.

Look at the civil disturbances that happened in major cities in 1967!

Fast forward to DetroitYES! forums and racism is still being discussed. I, like hundreds of other conservatives OF ALL COLORS, just wish the liberals would DROP the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha View Post
    “The central question that emerges…is whether the White community in the South is entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally, in areas where it does not predominate numerically? The sobering answer is Yes—the White community is so entitled because, for the time being, it is the advanced race.” William F. Buckley, the father of modern Conservatism, commenting in 1957, on why Whites, although outnumbered by African Americans, must continue to control economic and political institutions in Southern states

Who could argue with such well-reasoned thinking? Liberals, that’s who!
    Thank you for your very thorough analysis that perfectly explains why conservatives got their asses handed to them in this last election. H/T.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha View Post
    As a Caucasian and a Colbert Conservative, I have a problem with liberals. Liberals see “inalienable” rights being denied everywhere. They have a hard time pledging allegiance to this great nation because they don’t believe our history has been one where for every day of our existence this has been a nation with “liberty and justice for all.”

That said, I must caution you that RACISM is an INCREDIBLY loaded/divisive concept. Racial bias, bigotry, chauvinism are everywhere you look. Liberals are much more sensitive to this stuff…I think it is part of their DNA…that’s why they see it where it does not exist.

I don’t believe that humans will ever be without such prejudices and, in the big scheme of things, they don’t matter much. It is my belief that only when these ideas partner with POWER, do we need to take a second look. Prejudice plus POWER makes the playing field on which we all INDIVIDUALLY compete uneven.

Everywhere I look, I see liberal bias is all over government. Government has power, and laws have been changed over the years to address what liberals call institutional racism…and liberals still aren’t happy!

Go back about 50 years and you get the Equal Pay, Civil Rights, and Voting Rights Acts. These liberal programs addressed issues the “free market” was already addressing.

If African Americans, women and other POC didn’t want to do the same work as white males for less money, all they had to do was individually make decisions NOT to work for employers who paid them less.

If these same groups didn’t want to work for employers who discriminated against them in employment practices, all they had to do was NOT work for such employers.

In both cases, if enough of the targeted groups individually decided NOT to work for such employers….the employers would have to change their policies or go out of business. +

Now, I won't disagree that these employer policies may have had a negative effect on POC and women. Some of that may even have been visited on generation after generation, seemingly making the opportunities that money can buy to become all we can be more limited. But the main point is that if enough negatively effected people make individual choices to address the problem...over time...sometimes over a very long time...in theory the free market works!

Now the Voting Rights Act is more troublesome. It takes deeper analysis. For this kind of “deep thinking” I have to go back to conservative icon, William F. Buckley.

Poll taxes, literacy tests and other challenges were indeed thrown up to POC in the South. Liberals with their "all seeing bias detector" believe that such institutional devices to make sure the best voters could vote...believe such practices more greatly disadvantaged POC. But as Buckley implies eight years before the law’s passage…it was for THE GREATER GOOD.

Who could argue with such well-reasoned thinking? Liberals, that’s who! Even after liberals addressed this voting issue…the capstone to the Equal Pay, Civil Rights, and Voting Rights Act trilogy…there were problems.

Look at the civil disturbances that happened in major cities in 1967!

Fast forward to DetroitYES! forums and racism is still being discussed. I, like hundreds of other conservatives OF ALL COLORS, just wish the liberals would DROP the subject.

He's no worse a president than Bush was. Both of them in fact.

Crumbled_pavement:

Gee, I am the first to admit that I was shocked by liberal turn of the November elections. I am distraught that unity is now hard to come by in the Grand Old Party. Our great House Majority leader, John Boehner could NOT find the votes to support a well-reasoned compromise, i.e., his own Plan B. Grover Norquist, “Mr. No New Taxes,” gave all GOP members a pass on it, and even then…the new radical conservatives would NOT support it.

I sincerely fear that this new grass roots movement conservative TEA PARTY will label Boehner and all who follow him RINOs. If that happens the Tea Party will run “true conservatives” in primary elections against the RINOs.

But my fears may be for nothing. Maybe, candidates who take “pure deeply-held positions,” like GOP Senatorial candidate William Todd Akin, may win general elections. Akin might have done better if his moral position had not been so seriously twisted by the liberal media.

Maybe purity tests for GOP candidates ARE needed. The GOP should not return to the “Democrat Lite” era of two-term President Dwight David Eisenhower. It seems that going to war makes these military men pretty soft...after the fighting is over. Just look at Colin Powell for another example.

Anyway, this “white racism” thing has me thinking about those liberals who keep bringing it up. I’m reminded of the liberal analysis of the 1967 Civil Disorders.

President Johnson thought these were the product of outside communist agitators. After all the trilogy of laws I mentioned in my earlier post were on the books. Everyone should have been happy that the liberals had LEVELED the playing field.

But NO, there were civil disorders! Johnson’s hand-picked group, led by Illinois Governor Otto Kerner, couldn't find the commies that were hiding in the inner cities instigating the uproar. Instead here is the kind of liberal analysis that drives all Colbert Conservatives crazy:

“What white Americans have never fully understood but what the Negro can never forget—is that white society is deeply implicated in the ghetto. White institutions created it, white institutions maintain it, and white society condones it.”

It is that kind of liberal thinking that leads to a thread called "White Racism."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast