Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default At Least We're Not Cleveland!

At Least We're Not Cleveland! - http://www.speeddaytwah.com/1/post/2...cleveland.html

Spoof of Cleveland's video if you haven't already seen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

This is supposed to be DetroitYES! not ClevelandNO!

I was in Cleveland for a weekend back in November Downtown looked clean, there looked to be sources of entertainment/places to hang out but I hardly saw a soul downtown - including in those bars, etc. Literally ZERO foot traffic and not much in the way of cars. not even around the Rock and Roll Hall of People Jann Wenner Thinks Are Cool or the art museum or the university campus [[no, i didn't go in any of them)

I thought DetroitYes needed some Detroit Pride and some rivalry!

That's why it is harder to date in Cleveland!

All the best Cleveland women are either married or in jail. The rest are too lazy to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I was in Cleveland for a weekend back in November Downtown looked clean, there looked to be sources of entertainment/places to hang out but I hardly saw a soul downtown - including in those bars, etc. Literally ZERO foot traffic and not much in the way of cars. not even around the Rock and Roll Hall of People Jann Wenner Thinks Are Cool or the art museum or the university campus [[no, i didn't go in any of them)
    East fourth street was packed when I was there in September. Plus some concert was going on by the river, saw lots of people walking towards that from downtown and seem to be a lot of younger people around the warehouse district.

Just saying for me being in Cleveland for the first time, I was impressed

Shollin Guest

In addition to BRT, Cleveland does have rail transit. They also major retailers within the city limits. Then again I was reading a Cleveland forum and everyone was talking how dysfunctional Cleveland is and how bad their politicians are. They were envious Detroit was getting a Whole Foods and they were not. My views of Cleveland are that I'm not impressed but I'm not disappointed.

I know Cleveland very well, My partner of four years has just moved here to Detroit from Cleveland and I have spent a ton of time there in recent years. Its funny, yes, they do trash their town the way Detroit does,, but I like the town, its quite clean,, some good city neighborhoods,, great art scene and museum, exceptional orchestra and I like its location on Lake Erie, Overall it seems safer than Detroit but they do have some problems. Cost of living is reasonable.. People to me are very similar.. Their city council is no where as ridiculous as ours but their county government reminds of KK,, all crooked. I think its a very livable city. My partner seems to like living here, says the people seem nice, likes the downtown /midtown development alot but sees our problems with crime and lack of things like city lights very quickly and finds that kinda uncomfortable, Also, cant get over how spread out the city and burbs are as well as the polarization . Another person I know calls Cleveland "Detroit light".
    Clevelanders I met are always polite when speaking about Detroit to me but I must admit I can tell they dont have a good impression of it..but, they are intrigued by improvements being made here primarily because of Dan Gilberts involvement there and they know of our affiliation with him. I personally would have a hard time knocking Cleveland in the time I have spent there, we could take some lessons from them. They could use some of our energy we have shown in the past few years for redevelopment, but that has taken us a long time..
    Last edited by DetBill; December-27-12 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speeddaytwah View Post
    I thought DetroitYes needed some Detroit Pride and some rivalry!
    Let's go t.p. the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame! You know we deserve it way more than they do!

I've toured all parts of Cleveland both good and bad, and Detroit is by far worse off. Cleveland does such though, and the "Rock and Roll" hall of fame is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    hahahahaha that's hilarious!