Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Where Would You have Liked to been 'A Fly on The Wall' in Detroit History?

On a wall where the hat was passed among Roger Penske, Dan Gilbert, Jim Nicholson and Pete Karmanos and hearing what was said when each ponied up $40,000 to loan to Kwame Kilpatrick on the day after he left jail.

Your turn.

When Berry Gordy was discussing with his inner circle how much he would pay in salaries and royalties to everyone from songwriters, to singers to the Funk Bros.

That legendary moment when Hank the Deuce took control of the FoMoCo board from Harry Bennett and fired him. I like the mythological version better than what probably happened

Me? A fly on the wall outside of Machu's Red Fox when Jimmy Hoffa left the place. Not Detroit, really, but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Me? A fly on the wall outside of Machu's Red Fox when Jimmy Hoffa left the place. Not Detroit, really, but close enough.
    Close enough. As I think you know 'Detroit' means and always has meant on this forum, the City of Detroit, Windsor and the surrounding family of communities. That said, I would like to have been a fly in the car that drove him away.

That said, another fun wall would have been at the 'alleged' Manogian Mansion party where Tamara Greene 'allegedly' performed.

I would have loved to have been said fly at a jazz or blues club on Hastings Street circa 1945-55 give or take a few years. Actually anywhere cool in Black Bottom or Paradise Valley.

However from the tone of this thread I will take the "Barber Chair" room in KK's office.

When the Bernstein brothers told Capone it was their river!
    Last edited by p69rrh51; December-26-12 at 06:31 PM.

When Steve West former owner of defunct Federals clothing store called his insurance company and said "guess what... we had another store catch fire"....

In both the retail and gangland veins, I would have like to have been there when Harvey Leach of Joshua Doore was murdered and the promising chain was shuttered [[although it exists in South Africa where it had a similar murder of an executive a couple of years ago).......

Quote Originally Posted by rooms222 View Post
    In both the retail and gangland veins, I would have like to have been there when Harvey Leach of Joshua Doore was murdered and the promising chain was shuttered [[although it exists in South Africa where it had a similar murder of an executive a couple of years ago).......
    .... on his wedding day of all days!!

Quote Originally Posted by rooms222 View Post
    http://www.joshuadoore.co.za/ [[za= Zuid Afrika)

Who was the guy in the commercials?

Where the Red Wings brass were plotting to get Sergei Fedorov out of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Where the Red Wings brass were plotting to get Sergei Fedorov out of Russia.
    sorry, there was no plot. if you want to know how he got out of Russia...there is a video I worked on that tells the real story.

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    I would have loved to have been said fly at a jazz or blues club on Hastings Street circa 1945-55 give or take a few years. Actually anywhere cool in Black Bottom or Paradise Valley.......
    Actually, I was a fly on the wall here - my father had a record shop and recording studio on Hastings; I'd be there when I was a little girl. Many of the old "blues boys" like John Lee Hooker, Sonny Boy Williamson, etc, would come by the shop and to our home. John Lee would crash on the couch in the back of the record shop, for days at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    sorry, there was no plot. if you want to know how he got out of Russia...there is a video I worked on that tells the real story.
    If I remember correctly there was more cloak & dagger stuff with Petr Klima's defection.

It would be cool to be a fly on the wall of the Lindell AC back when Billy Martin was getting drunk and fighting people there.

I would much rather go back to the summer of 1963 to hear MLK give the Detroit version of his 'I Have a Dream' speech, and perhaps drop in on JFK when he was in town before he died.

Then that Marvin Gaye "What's Going On?" recording session with a few of the Detroit Lions.

Topped by hanging with ol' Father Solanus Casey and prayin' with folks.

When Henry Ford first started looking for investors.

I would have liked to have been there when John Conyers awoke from his three-day binger and said "I married who?!?"

I want to be there when the new mayor of Detroit cuts the ribbon for the newly opened Woodward Avenue subway rapid transit line. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    I want to be there when the new mayor of Detroit cuts the ribbon for the newly opened Woodward Avenue subway
    You're too late. There already is a Woodward Subway.. Here is the proof:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=DETROI...=12,49.76,,0,0

I wish I could have been at the Stooges' legendary last show at the Palace in '74.

One of those early Prince concerts when he was wearing nearly nothing ------!

Quote Originally Posted by narnarnar View Post
    I wish I could have been at the Stooges' legendary last show at the Palace in '74.

ROTFL! That was too naughty!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    You're too late. There already is a Woodward 'Subway'.. Here is the proof:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=DETROI...=12,49.76,,0,0
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-27-12 at 09:36 AM.

I was there... with my parents, held aloft on my daddy's shoulders to see the view!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I would much rather go back to the summer of 1963 to hear MLK give the Detroit version of his 'I Have a Dream' speech, and perhaps drop in on JFK when he was in town before he died.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast