Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Ontario family's dog escapes Customs in Detroit - still missing!

Saw this in Sunday's Free Press....

Happened on Friday afternoon while the family was going through Customs at the Ambassador Bridge....I checked but did not see any follow-up story that the dog had been found so am posting here and hoping that with all the animal lovers on this forum that we could get the word out!
    Ontario family's dog escapes Customs in Detroit; search is on

http://www.freep.com/article/20121222/NEWS01/121222042/Dog-Ash-missing-at-United-States-Canada-border-Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Saw this in Sunday's Free Press....

Happened on Friday afternoon while the family was going through Customs at the Ambassador Bridge....I checked but did not see any follow-up story that the dog had been found so am posting here and hoping that with all the animal lovers on this forum that we could get the word out!
    Ontario family's dog escapes Customs in Detroit; search is on

http://www.freep.com/article/2012122...border-Detroit
    Dog gone! [[sorry)

I saw this on FB and re posted it. The dog may very well be found.

I believe theres a pound almost under the bridge where they lost the dog. I would think the dog would be at waters edge facing is home in Canada.

I read about this as well. Very disturbing news. Seems the level of callous behavior by the Border Guards is reaching new lows. I know those folks are protecting us from all sorts of bad actors, but the stories of high-handed antics by the Customs/BP is legendary.

last year I was down at a protest march at the Ambassador Bridge, and the BP rolls up along with DPD, the Sheriff, State Police and Matty's Private Eyes. Without putting too fine a point on things, suffice it to say, I sure am glad the DPD was there to keep the BP from kicking a lot of ass. These guys were like rabid dogs on a short leash, very aggressive.

I was once searched by BP because i was parked near windmill point
    reading a newspaper.

I hope the dog is found.
    Last edited by black gold man; December-23-12 at 10:16 PM.

I hope the pooch is found... beautiful Pug & Jack Russel mix!

Dog eludes US Border Patrol agents

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...-patrol-agents