Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Best/cheapest place to buy a good pinata?

Today is my daughters birthday party, she's 8, and we're looking for a pinata. Last year we bought one from a dollar store, and it was nearly impossible to crack-the kids had to stomp it once part of it hit the ground
    We're going for the authentic pinata this year. I'll check Honeybee Market later, but was looking for other suggestions. I want to spend around $20, and I don't care if it's already filled or not.

HoneyBee has a nice selection, as do many stores and bakeries here in Mexicantown. They are also very sturdy. It is best to pre-break it before the kids start wacking it. Stab it a few times, or weaken the legs or neck depending on the style. We have also had to stomp or kick them before someone clued us in.
    Have a Happy Birthday................

Honey bee, and have a great birthday party.

I've even seen them in Meijer in LP--which caters very much to the Spanish-speaking population. Don't know about quality/cost though.

E&L or Honeybee

Thanks everyone We went to Honeybee and their selection RULES. $14.99 for any pinata, and fringy beating sticks for $4.99. Chloe chose a giant, fringy purple unicorn. Ole!

Are there any Kwame Kilpatrick Pinatas? with Beating Sticks?

Now if you could only find one like the Verizon Friends & Family Plan TV Commercial... it has more candy...

Happy Birthday Chloe Attachment 2122
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

String up Monica Conyers and see how much money falls out.

This lady was a tough one to crack We went from 'blindfolded, and no big kids get to hit, to 'no blinfold, and big kids get to hit with real bats'!

detmich Guest