Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default W. Bloomfield family charged in Shelby Twp K2 Drug Ring

They must have been smoking the stuff themselves or forgot they were NOT running their station and stores in Detroit!

West Bloomfield matriarch and family charged in Shelby Township K2 drug ring

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...iarch_and.html

Six family members charged in Shelby Township drug ring [[gas station)

http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/arti...e358785518.txt

And both places are still open. Clueless idiots still patronizing these blantant a-holes too! LOUD round of applause to the authorities on this one. I'd be looking hard at all the other "smoke" shops too. Out of state buying and reselling here...underage customers...???

I guess it's good money, but in the long run, is it worth the hassle?

What a waste of law enforcement resources. Don't these people have REAL crimes to fight? K2 was a garbage drug anyways that probably wouldn't have existed if cannabis wasn't illegal in the first place. We can thank failed draconian prohibition policies for the next horrible legal "synthetic" drug that hits the stores.
    Last edited by Bad Brains; December-22-12 at 10:41 PM.

Hmmm, I've heard two personal stories of suburban kids going out-of-their-gourd on that stuff... far worse than with the use of weed.

IMO, the main reason this case is getting attention is because it went down in the burbs and this family was overly resistant to stop, after the warning to cease and desist was CLEARLY and publically put to them.

They must be dealt with, to send a strong message is the 'thinking', I imagine. Where this K12 etc as prevalent in the hood [[Detroit) the leveraged politic would have been less to shut it down. Far less resources too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    What a waste of law enforcement resources. Don't these people have REAL crimes to fight? K2 was a garbage drug anyways that probably wouldn't have existed if cannabis wasn't illegal in the first place. We can thank failed draconian prohibition policies for the next horrible legal "synthetic" drug that hits the stores.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-23-12 at 02:47 AM.

Meh.

This feels like a classic troll/concern-troll post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    I agree. The "War On Drugs" is strongly lobbied by the Holy liquor industry who don't want to give up part of the action. After all these years, I'm sure there are people making quite a tidy sum selling weapons, surveilling equipment, transportation, what have you, to wage the Holy war. It's taken on a life of it's own, and it's purpose lost years ago. K2 stories remind me of stories I read about prohibition, where people got sick, died, went blind, etc., from drinking bad home made booze.