Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lafayette Foods OPEN Christmas Day 8am! For all your last minute grocery shopping

Lafayette Foods OPEN Christmas DAY 8am

We have a full line of Groceries, Meat, Produce, Dairy, Deli, Beer and Wine. Everything for you shopping convenience.
    BEST Sweet Potato Pies in town

Lafayette Foods

1565 E Lafayette
    Det, MI 48207

[[313)396-5600
    lafayettefoods.com

I'm not supporting any store that makes their employees work Christmas day, sorry. That's not fair to those who wish to spend the holiday with their families.

However, if this is a volunteer based idea, different story.
    Your spam didn't specify. Are you forcing your employees to work if their normal shift happens to fall on this day, or are you only opening your store due to employees volunteering and whom will be compensated properly [[double/triple time pay)?

find something else to complain about...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    I'm not supporting any store that makes their employees work Christmas day, sorry. That's not fair to those who wish to spend the holiday with their families.

Your spam didn't specify. Are you forcing your employees to work if their normal shift happens to fall on this day, or are you only opening your store due to employees volunteering and whom will be compensated properly [[double/triple time pay)?
    agree...........

As much as I would like to complain about those hours... look at all the 7-Eleven's and gas stations we frequent on Christmas Day for last minute items...

And now that liquor sales are allowed on Christmas after 12 noon... more of those stores will be open as well.

Yeah it sucks for those people... but what sucks more is not having a job...

Everyone is more than welcome to ask the staff if they were forced to work. Thank you and Merry Christmas!!!

I'm with other folks, I choose not to give any incentive for stores to be open on Christmas, New Years, and Thanksgiving.

I think its good for last minute stuff and it comes in handy but as for it being a holiday if I had to work I would hope they at least shorten the hours. Make it a half day or something.

This is a problem with society now...jobs are here yet no one wants to work because its there birthday or its a holiday. I am sure they are getting bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by LafayetteFoods View Post
    Lafayette Foods OPEN Christmas DAY 8am

We have a full line of Groceries, Meat, Produce, Dairy, Deli, Beer and Wine. Everything for you shopping convenience.
    BEST Sweet Potato Pies in town

Lafayette Foods

1565 E Lafayette
    Det, MI 48207

[[313)396-5600
    lafayettefoods.com

Are you going to be taking bottles this year? Last year you weren't taking bottles!

Tens of thousands of people work holidays.

Tuesday is not a holiday for everyone.

Are the employees complaining? Maybe they don't give a rat's ass about being home for the Holidays?

Commercial announcements such as this are supposedly banned from the forum as spam. From the FAQ:

4-No advertising. Advertising in any form is not permitted, except by permission and / or contract. For established forum members free classified ads are permitted subject to the conditions cited in the free classified forum. Non-permitted advertising will be removed without notice or explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_doucette View Post
    Commercial announcements such as this are supposedly banned from the forum as spam. From the FAQ:

4-No advertising. Advertising in any form is not permitted, except by permission and / or contract. For established forum members free classified ads are permitted subject to the conditions cited in the free classified forum. Non-permitted advertising will be removed without notice or explanation.
    Don't you have something better to do? I found it helpful that they are going to be open.

Consider it a public service announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I'm with other folks, I choose not to give any incentive for stores to be open on Christmas, New Years, and Thanksgiving.
    I'm with you.

American workers are among the most productive in the world. We also receive among the least time off in the Western world. Three days per year is not too much to ask.

We've already conceded Thanksgiving; in just a couple short years, it has become the norm to begin working in the evening on Thanksgiving so people can spend themselves senseless on "Black Friday." So much for sleeping off the Turkey and wine, as we all have in years past. I find that to be sad enough.

I'm fully aware not everyone celebrates Christmas. However my Jewish friends do, I kid you not, watch movies and eat Chinese food. We all deserve a free day, whether to be spent at Mass or Ming's Kitchen with our families.

In this day and age of 24 hour big boxes, there are 362 full 24-hour days to do shopping.

I will say, though, that I like Lafayette Foods. It's one of three grocery stores in the city that I really like shopping at. I do wish OP, who has been a respected member of this forum, would have added some explanation to a blatant advertisement, which we all have quietly tolerated in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Are the employees complaining? Maybe they don't give a rat's ass about being home for the Holidays?
    Maybe they do?

Americans work too much. Everyone should take the day off. The ultimate goal in any society should be to do LESS work.

Maybe they do?

Americans work too much. Everyone should take the day off. The ultimate goal in any society should be to do LESS work.
    Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I can't think of anyone that is excited to get up and go to work when the majority of Americans have the day off. I think most would rather be home. Many just do it for the money because they aren't making enough and celebrate Christmas a different day. The rest report to work because they have to like doctors, police, firefighters, etc.

On one side people get caught up in the religious argument, on the other it's over commercializaton. Me? I just wish Americans get a day when they can spend time with family. In an ideal world, all folks in non-critical work would get time off, and an extra little bonus for a hard year's work.

Took care of my grocery needs today. If I forgot something, I won't bother. Staying off the roads on Dec 25th may lighten the load for emergency responders.