Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default This is the beginning....

...of the End of the World. After Dec. 21, 2012. Earth will take a cosmic shower washing all of its impurities away.

... and I feel fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    ...of the End of the World. After Dec. 21, 2012. Earth will take a cosmic shower washing all of its impurities away.
    What exactly do you mean by this? Is the 21st the *END* of the world, the beginning of the end, etc.. ?

It's like saying that because the end of the 2012 calender year, the world will end. The Mayans just had longer cycles

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    It's like saying that because the end of the 2012 calender year, the world will end. The Mayans just had longer cycles
    I get the cosmology of it - it's the end of an equivalent of a "millenia" or whatever. I'm just trying to nail down what Danny is predicting. Eschatologists have gotten rather vague with their predictions as of late. At the beginning of the last century it was much more cut and dried - everyone will die in 1905 - the world will collide with the sun in 1914, etc...

Well, this should be of particular interest to Michiganders because some {very reliable} web sites claim Michigan was the nexus of a Mayan-Viking alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Well, this should be of particular interest to Michiganders because some {very reliable} web sites claim Michigan was the nexus of a Mayan-Viking alliance.
    Ooooh, which websites? I like learning about "secret history" nonsense like that. I'm sure you've heard about the subterranean lizard people who built Denver International Airport?

http://hyperspacecafe.com/showthread.php?tid=8166
    http://2164th.blogspot.com/2007/03/v...-american.html
    http://ragnar111.wordpress.com/category/viking/page/5/

Ooooh, which websites? I like learning about "secret history" nonsense like that. I'm sure you've heard about the subterranean lizard people who built Denver International Airport?
    Know about them? I'm one of them!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Nihilism at its finest.

Been nice knowing you all. Just in case things don't end, I've got a Sears 1972 riding mower for sale for $225.00 or best offer.

If this is the end... I'm going to be awfully pissed off... that means I just needlessly paid my Comcast bill today....

Why didn't you guys put the Starbucks @ the other end of the terminal??????

Ah, that was a refreshing cosmic shower. I feel so cleansed!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Why didn't you guys put the Starbucks @ the other end of the terminal??????
    they offended us, but we had a contract to put them somewhere

"According to the Mayan calendar, the 21 of December is the end of the non-time and the beginning of time. It is the end of the Macha and the beginning of the Pacha, the end of selfishness and the beginning of brotherhood, it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism – 21 of December this year. The scientists know very well that this marks the end of an anthropocentric life and the beginning of a bio-centric life. It is the end of hatred and the beginning of love, the end of lies and beginning of truth. It is the end of sadness and the beginning of happiness, it is the end of division and the beginning of unity, and this is a theme to be developed."

Evo Morales, Bolivian President on December 21st and the Mayan calendar

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    "According to the Mayan calendar, the 21 of December is the end of the non-time and the beginning of time. It is the end of the Macha and the beginning of the Pacha, the end of selfishness and the beginning of brotherhood, it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism – 21 of December this year. The scientists know very well that this marks the end of an anthropocentric life and the beginning of a bio-centric life. It is the end of hatred and the beginning of love, the end of lies and beginning of truth. It is the end of sadness and the beginning of happiness, it is the end of division and the beginning of unity, and this is a theme to be developed."

Evo Morales, Bolivian President on December 21st and the Mayan calendar

I would be very happy if this really happened!

If we all work on this, we can make it happen.

Fun fact: "Mayan" is a language. "Maya" are people. A "Mayan" calendar is a calendar written in the "Mayan" language, not necessarily using one particular chronology or another.

Also, most Maya did not use the "Mayan" calendar that people are talking about in the news.

That is because it is the Long Count calendar. There are other calendars for common usage. The Long Count Calendar is known and recognized by modern Mayas. Its use is for teaching and measurement of the periods of time within the Age it covers.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; December-21-12 at 02:11 PM.