Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

JVB Guest

Default Perfectly Normal Baby Milk Repairs and Maintenance

I remember seeing this van a couple of times parked in or near Woodbridge, and I always wondered what the story was on it.

I found this image on Flickr and all it says is some girl named "Books" lives there. I haven't seen it in a few years but I always thought that was one of the funniest, most random things to have painted on the side of the van. Anybody have any other info on the saying or the van or Books?

Now my brain hurts.

That's almost as bad as when Coca Cola almost inadvertently named [[in a foreign language) their product "bite the wax tadpole."

Looks like a van that Tyree Guyton [[I think that's his name) the creator of the "Heidelburg Project" would have done.

It used to be parked by "Crow Manor." I remember it. I doubt it serves any purpose other than for her to live there and drive to other neo-hippie establishments. Probably no actual baby-milk repair.

"3407 Trumbull. Detroit, Michigan. The Crow Manor was founded by David Kujawa. It is a collective made up of musicians, artists, craftspeople, and gardeners. We have a community garden/small farm, a functioning wood-working shop and jewelry studio, bee boxes, an impressive collection of instruments, and other awesome things you'll just have to see to believe. Shows and work shops are held frequently."

I'm guessing she was part of their collective. I lived down the street from them. I didn't know they really did any of that stuff, they always just seemed like a bunch of punky kids who got high all the time and played music. Which is fine.

I was there a few times. Weird stuff.
    Last edited by poobert; December-18-12 at 11:40 AM.