Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Detroit voters get bussed from Barbershops and Pool Halls to vote multiple times.-GOP

Why didn't he mention Popeyes or the welfare office while he was at it?

Cue the mental giants:"Well DOOOO Detroiters go to the Barbershop? DOOOO they hang out at pool halls?"

Little lying sacks of shit can't simply understand that most americans are on to their brand of utter bullshit.

I know we have an abundance of barbershops in Detroit, but where are all these pool halls that we have?

The Grand OLD Party is just upset that their voter suppression efforts haven't been paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    I know we have an abundance of barbershops in Detroit, but where are all these pool halls that we have?
    I know, right? The other assorted nonsense aside, I can't think of a single "pool hall" in this city, outside of Bill's Recreation, where all of 3 old men hang out. Could these fuckers be any more out of touch?

What's interesting is that in their latest round of getting obliterated in the last election, the only semi-coherent consensus [[aside from cramming through garbage legislation in the dwindling days of the lame duck sessions) was that the GOP needs to attract the Hispanic vote. This seems like a problem, as there is nothing attractive in the GOP to anyone but the feverishly religious, the overtly racist, or the obscenely wealthy.

Detroit, of course, has the highest population of Hispanics in the state. The MO of the Republcan Party has been to act deliberately ignorant, demeaning, crude, along with vaguely racist and classist, regarding anyone but the dwindling white suburbanites who still vote Republican. Look at the 47%, "gifts", and this little shitbomb of malicious nonsense. Not a fantastic way to magically attract Hispanics. So elections will continue to be lost. But cheer up, with all the finesse of prison rape, you managed to force upon us right-to-work, abortion restrictions, and strip municipalities of their ability to stay solvent.

Of course, this diatribe was all total fantasy. Like Hitler directing armies that didn't exist in his final days, this scenario had no basis in reality. Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne all went for Obama and he won Michigan by a near-landslide. Unfortunately since the Republicans have learned they can't win fair and square I fear they will simply redouble their efforts to prevent everyone who isn't likely to be Republican [[most of the country) from voting.

It is a shame that the Party of Eisenhower, one of the greatest Americans, has turned, in a couple generations, into little more than a hate group in disarray.

Since we want to toss out the stereotypes, I thought pool halls were where biker gangs [[which is associated with white people) hung out, not blacks.

JVB Guest

Claiming that this ignorant fuck speaks for all Republicans is like claiming AL Sharpton speaks for all Democrats.

And I say that as a member of neither of those warmongering parties.

Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
    Claiming that this ignorant fuck speaks for all Republicans is like claiming AL Sharpton speaks for all Democrats.

And I say that as a member of neither of those warmongering parties.
    except that you hear echoes of his statements loud and clear at rallies and even at the convention by a broad swath of republicans

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    except that you hear echoes of his statements loud and clear at rallies and even at the convention by a broad swath of republicans
    lol - you'd be surprised what you see from the outside looking in. Both of those parties are so full of shit it's not even funny. And don't get me started on Obama's racist kill list and targetted drone assassination program that only seems to target brown people.

This idiots comments have nothing on that.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    with all the finesse of prison rape,
    God fucking damn!

I'm gonna have to use that one somewhere.

lol - you'd be surprised what you see from the outside looking in. Both of those parties are so full of shit it's not even funny. And don't get me started on Obama's racist kill list and targetted drone assassination program that only seems to target brown people.

This idiots comments have nothing on that.

i appreciate thinking individuals that can see the bullshit is coming from both parties.... anyone with an allegience to either party is truly ignorant..... they will both lie and screw you over to futher their agenda....

Cute how all the darling conservatives here are suddenly "not Republican" these days and with each new level of mindblowing ignorance reached by various minions they take care to remind us how "not Republican" they are and how "both parties" are stupid. Great, thanks for playing.

"I may agree with the Republican Party on virtually every issue but I'm an independent, I swear!"

"I didn't vote for Obama or Romney, I voted for David Duke, that's how independent I am!"

Time to call a spade a spade.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Cute how all the darling conservatives here are suddenly "not Republican" these days and with each new level of mindblowing ignorance reached by various minions they take care to remind us how "not Republican" they are and how "both parties" are stupid. Great, thanks for playing.

"I may agree with the Republican Party on virtually every issue but I'm an independent, I swear!"

"I didn't vote for Obama or Romney, I voted for David Duke, that's how independent I am!"

Time to call a spade a spade.
    That's right, because everyone smart enough to see our two-party system as the fraud that it is must be a racist.

Makes sense.

Or are you just mad that I pointed out how your precious leader murders our fellow Americans [[such as Al-Awlaki) without due process, and sends drones that kill innocent women and children in Yemen, Pakistan etc? Does it hurt your feelings admitting your Nobel Peace Prize winning President is a blood thirsty warmonger just like Bush was? Is that what's bothering you? Or do you just want everyone to fall in line and "pick a team" so you can pigeon hole them with the beliefs of every wackjob in their party of choice?

Anybody that doesn't see the two-party system for what it is should be forced to wear a sign so we know how ignorant they are before engaging them in any meaningful conversation.
    Last edited by JVB; December-16-12 at 06:54 PM.

Shollin Guest

That's right, because everyone smart enough to see our two-party system as the fraud that it is must be a racist.

Makes sense.

Or are you just mad that I pointed out how your precious leader murders our fellow Americans [[such as Al-Awlaki) without due process, and sends drones that kill innocent women and children in Yemen, Pakistan etc? Does it hurt your feelings admitting your Nobel Peace Prize winning President is a blood thirsty warmonger just like Bush was? Is that what's bothering you? Or do you just want everyone to fall in line and "pick a team" so you can pigeon hole them with the beliefs of every wackjob in their party of choice?

Anybody that doesn't see the two-party system for what it is should be forced to wear a sign so we know how ignorant they are before engaging them in any meaningful conversation.
    I say we just enlarge your posts and put them on a sandwich board for everyone to see your ignorance.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I say we just enlarge your posts and put them on a sandwich board for everyone to see your ignorance.
    Tell me where I'm wrong.

Makes sense.

im gonna stay out of this but for these two observations.

1. the president is your leader as well. it is this kind of talk that leads to idiot candidates saying stupid things to score points and why much of the electorate still thinks he is a muslim born in kenya.

2. in terms of pigeon holing perhaps it would help if you fell on the opposite side of the republicans on any issues discussed here. from what ive seen you are 99% with them on everything debated here so thats why people think of you as a conservative and not the thoughtful or independent voter that you claim.

perception is reality right? thats what guys like the clown referenced in the link are pushing and have been for years.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    im gonna stay out of this but for these two observations.

1. the president is your leader as well. it is this kind of talk that leads to idiot candidates saying stupid things to score points and why much of the electorate still thinks he is a muslim born in kenya.
    Anybody that thinks he is a Muslim born in Kenya is an idiot, but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. When he legalized the assassination of US citizens thus violating Due Process he stopped being my leader. Just like when Bush signed the Patriot Act into law and took us into a bullshit war in Iraq. I don't have any obligation to consider someone my leader when they violate the provisions in the US Constitution that were meant to protect me - so fuck both of them. The fact that they represented different parties is what lead me to realize they're all the same. Some of you need to wake the fuck up if you don't see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    2. in terms of pigeon holing perhaps it would help if you fell on the opposite side of the republicans on any issues discussed here. from what ive seen you are 99% with them on everything debated here so thats why people think of you as a conservative and not the thoughtful or independent voter that you claim.
    First of all conservative does not equal Republican and progressive does not equal Democrat. Very few of my progressive friends voted for Obama this time because they saw him for the murderous warmonger that he is. Very few of my conservative friends voted for Romney because they saw what a corporate shill he is. If you don't know the difference between these things, read more.

As far as where I personally differ with the Republican Party - just from reading my posts on here you would know that I am:

Pro-Choice
    Pro-Marriage Equality
    Anti-War
    Anti-Drug War

Holy shit those are some seriously Republican positions aren't they? If you wanted to align me with a party to make it easier to pigeonhole me rather than debate me issue by issue, then you'd be closer by calling me a Libertarian, except I happen to believe we need a safety net so that doesn't work either.

Any other questions?

Anybody that thinks he is a Muslim born in Kenya is an idiot, but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. When he legalized the assassination of US citizens thus violating Due Process he stopped being my leader. Just like when Bush signed the Patriot Act into law and took us into a bullshit war in Iraq. I don't have any obligation to consider someone my leader when they violate the provisions in the US Constitution that were meant to protect me - so fuck both of them. The fact that they represented different parties is what lead me to realize they're all the same. Some of you need to wake the fuck up if you don't see it too.

First of all conservative does not equal Republican and progressive does not equal Democrat. Very few of my progressive friends voted for Obama this time because they saw him for the murderous warmonger that he is. Very few of my conservative friends voted for Romney because they saw what a corporate shill he is. If you don't know the difference between these things, read more.

As far as where I personally differ with the Republican Party - just from reading my posts on here you would know that I am:

Pro-Choice
    Pro-Marriage Equality
    Anti-War
    Anti-Drug War

Holy shit those are some seriously Republican positions aren't they? If you wanted to align me with a party to make it easier to pigeonhole me rather than debate me issue by issue, then you'd be closer by calling me a Libertarian, except I happen to believe we need a safety net so that doesn't work either.

Any other questions?

let's just cut to the chase and tell it like they feel:

YOU ARE A RACIST!!!!

there can be no other explanation

These Republican bastards are hell-bent on destroying this state and this country.

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    let's just cut to the chase and tell it like they feel:

YOU ARE A RACIST!!!!

there can be no other explanation
    I know, some of these people on here are so simple minded sometimes. I don't know why I bother, they're so comfortable in their little red and blue colored worlds I shouldn't shatter that illusion. It's all they have.

I know, some of these people on here are so simple minded sometimes. I don't know why I bother, they're so comfortable in their little red and blue colored worlds I shouldn't shatter that illusion. It's all they have.
    I guess instead of talking about the news story we could just let you sit there and talk to yourself about how brilliant you are for figuring out the two-party system is flawed.

Sorry to let you in on things, but you are very mis-guided. if you are a democrate or republican does not mark you as conservative or progressive. those terms are not allowed to be claimed by each party. if you want...I will help peeps on the meaning later.

9mile&seneca Guest

They just don't get it. The Democrats don't have to steal elections. Republicans have been paying for Democrat breeding farms since about 1965.They are now us. We are all dependent. if you think you own the family Ponderosa, just try not paying your taxes for awhile. You just rent your "home" from the county screwel board. If you don't pay, you will be evicted just as any other renter would be.
    Last edited by 9mile&seneca; December-16-12 at 09:35 PM.

These are some of the GOP/Tea Party fools who managed to blow a presidential election that was theirs to lose.

It is 100 percent true. Republicans gave me $100 to do this, vote for tea party candidates, and they still lost.

p.s besides Sticks, are there any other pool halls of note left?
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; December-16-12 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast