Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What IF Cannabis is the Cure for Cancer?!

The data seems to be piling up.

What if the treatment made popular by one man's YouTube video from Canada [[where he was BANNED from having ANY of his patients speak in his defense during his 2010 trials) works?!

I have ONE instance of someone trying this down in Indiana. They cannot come public, because Cannabis remains illegal in that state.

My friend's father-in-law remains ALIVE because he dared to try this illegal treatment. When he made that choice, he had lesions on three sides of his brain, lost 75% of his lung capacity, and his LYMPH system was compromised and infected.

His doctor told him he had WEEKS to live. It has now been over a year...within a few months the brain lesions were GONE, he regained more than half of his breathing ability, and the cancer is now eliminated from his lymph nodes.

Having lost my mother to cancer, I know that once it goes into the lymphs...there is no life expectation. That was the turning point where the excellent Oakwood doctor said "No Mas"...he had nothing left in his toolbag to use.

Because the FEDERAL GOVERMENT continues to schedule this ubiquitous herb as highly addictive without any medicinal value.

It is time for the prohibition against Cannabis to end. Period. Legalize Mother Nature's Most Amusing Analgesic. And don't even THINK of taxing anything from my garden.

At 4:00 of DetroitYES Home » Non Detroit Issues » Thom Hartmann » Thom Hartmann on the News - December 14, 2012, Thom says
    In an interview set to air tonight on ABC, the President says his administration has bigger fish to fry than to use his Justice Department to crack down on the states. President Obama said it would not make sense for us to see a top priority as going after recreational users in states that have determined that it's legal. The President also said he's willing to have a conversation about changing how strict federal law is in regard to marijuana now that states are legalizing it. Echoing that sentiment, the top Senator on the Judiciary Committee, Patrick Leahy, floated the idea of softening the federal laws prohibiting marijuana's usage.
    Progress! I guess I'll be watching ABC tonight.

A big thanks goes to Colorado and Oregon for giving the issue legitimacy.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-14-12 at 04:48 PM.

Someone on channel 7 just now said it's going to be on 20/20 at 10PM.
    Barbara Walters interviews President and Mrs. Obama at the White House.
    She referred to it as a "joint" interview but I don't think she was aware of the pun!

Now it might get displaced by the Sandy Hook school shooting story.

I haven't looked into the data enough to go as far as to say it's a "cure" for cancer, but it's a fact that is helps cancer patients in other ways, and that alone is enough for my support.

A "cure" for cancer is sort of a broad term. There are different kinds of cancers and different stages that call for different treatments and methods. It would not be surprising that cannabis can cure/prevent some kinds of cancer.

On the flip side, I still have yet to see a proven study that proves any actual DANGERS for using cannabis. Anything negative about cannabis anyone can link up tends o have a .gov at the end the URL. Coincidence I guess.

Heh, yep...plus, many FEAR using the term 'cure' because they know it will bring the full force of the Fiasco Drugmaker-protection Agency.

I say, to HELL with them. They are IN COLLUSION with a bunch of evil bastards who only seek to profit off of other's misery.

I know for sure that papers were presented at AACR meetings showing that cannabinoids stop the growth of lung and brain cancers in mice by interfering with a protein that spurs cancer growth

Thanks, Rb. That should be forwarded to the DEA, who still considers Cannabis to have no medicinal value. Oddly, since they will never be able to equal the goodness through synthesized means...perhaps there is a precise definition of 'value' used by those colluding with the profiteers, there is no value to pharmaceutical corporations to allow Mother Nature's herb to heal wantonly!

A friend wrote a frustrated song against the FDA when he lived in LA...I need to get him to upload it so I can share it. It's in my iTunes now, and people need to hear his take...

Stumbled upon more data today. The medicinal community has begun calling the oil distillation product Rick Simpson Oil, or RSO, in deference to the fellow who brought it to the world through YouTube. So I did a search on it...

Love this lady...she has the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ACR-lQ6cBw

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/10...ancer_free.php

More positive stuff to start off the New Year with...yay.

Hope y'all find the cures you need...

And finally, an official-looking web page...

http://www.youtube.com/chrychek

They sure do a lot more with YouTube nowadays...

Any forums members here against medical cannabis?

I can't stand the ones who like to point out "well, it's illegal on the Federal level". That is turning out to mean jack squat because business is going rather well in states that allow it, and the passage of those laws have kept some intelligent productive people out of jail and have given them SOME protection. Baby steps, a little bit of progress at a time.

Plus the Feds are finding it's hard to go after people in these states because a jury isn't going to side with them. You put me on a jury dealing with not only marijuana case, but any other drug, and I'm automatically voting "not guilty".

And for anyone against the medical cannabis law in Michigan, can they even give one example of something bad happening as a result of it's passage since 2008? Any overdoses? Auto accidents increasing? Addiction rates soaring for substance abuse? Anything? It seems awfully quite out there on the front lines.
    Last edited by Bad Brains; January-04-13 at 01:55 AM.

I think it is quiet only from afar.

Within nearly every family in the state now exists at least ONE cannabis user who can finally be vocal about their beliefs.

The thing which medicinal cannabis laws and referendums have done is create a REAL legitimacy inside of the FALSE reasons for the prohibition...blowing apart any and all fake reason a government might use to support further restriction against availability of this natural herb.

The federal thing is all any of the law-lovers have left, and if our representative democracy can withstand the odd international peer pressure from the UN...even those laws might fall away, or be eroded into emptiness.

One can only hope...and keep the conversation going!

This is the perfect litmus to determine whether a person really understands how they view the intent of the law. Is it to serve people or enslave them?!

Is law mutable or immutable? Able to adapt and grow with the evolution of society, or diametrically opposed to such?!

None of the drug laws are added to the Constitution, as the illegal alcohol prohibition certainly was...and IT got repealed when it was very clear that it wasn't being followed by the BULK of society.

It is well past time to repeal any and all of the drug laws...

Bob Marley died of cancer so I guess cannabis didn't cure him.

His method of consuming the medicine wasn't conducive to healing his particular form of cancer. They are having considerable success using a tincture or distilled essence of the flower directly applied and ingested. My friend in Indiana's father-in-law is ingesting his dosage...which appears like liquid black tar.

Don't be so quick to dismiss this, Pam. It is working and helping people...which proves the government's prohibition needs to end.
    Last edited by Gannon; January-04-13 at 07:14 AM.

Don't be so quick to dismiss this, Pam. It is working and helping people...which proves the government's prohibition needs to end.
    I voted for the medical marijuana thing so I'm not dismissing it.

Let's see....the theory would be:

Smoking tobacco causes cancer.
    Smoking mj cures cancer.

Just don't blow either in my face or we're gonna do battle.

The active ingredient in marijuana is delta-9-tetrohydrocannabinol, commonly referred to as THC. THC binds to and activates specific receptors in the brain, known as cannabinoid receptors [[http://www.ctprevention.org/saac/Saa...uana_brain.pdf).

When these receptors are activated, THC interferes with the normal functioning of various areas of the brain, including the cerebellum, part of the brain responsible for balance, posture, and coordination of movement, and the hippocampus, which is involved with memory formation. As a result, individuals under the influence of marijuana may experience impairment in motor control and compromised short-term memory. In the intoxicated state, memory is often selectively impaired in a dose-dependent fashion similar to alcohol [[Deahl 1991).

Marijuana also affects receptors in the cerebral cortex that are responsible for sensory perception, which can cause users to experience altered sensory experiences in areas such as touch, sight, hearing, taste, and smell. It can cause distorted perception, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and short-term memory
    Sounds safe to me!

http://healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.ed...juanaBrain.htm

Long-term marijuana use may actually shrink certain parts of the brain and have lasting effects on mental health.A new study shows heavy marijuana use over several years was associated with structural differences in at least two different regions of the brain, the hippocampus and amygdala.

Researchers found that the hippocampus, which is thought to regulate memory, was an average of 12% smaller among marijuana users, compared with people who didn't smoke pot. The amygdala, involved in emotion and memory, was an average of 7% smaller.

The study also suggests that long-term marijuana users were more likely to reportsymptoms associated with mental disorders, although the strength of their symptoms didn't meet the criteria for diagnosis of mental illness.
    Sign me up! And heck let's give it to our kids, too!

http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/2008...rink-the-brain
    Last edited by Papasito; January-04-13 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/jam/snoop...234406876.html

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Sounds safe to me!

http://healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.ed...juanaBrain.htm

http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/2008...rink-the-brain
    Interesting that what you from Vanderbilt is a student paper that relies on a non-scholarly source - and one with an agenda - from which you drew your first quote. Non of it is peer-reviewed. The webmd link, apart from the notorious errors which plague the site, relies on one study with an incredibly small sample size [[15 extreme users - even at my most pot-headed I never smoked 5 joints a day by myself; that amount of use would be the equivalent of drinking a fifth or more of vodka daily by yourself - and 16 non-users) further, there is no information whether any group also were heavy drinkers, cigarette smokers, etc.

Here is a comprehensive review of the science up to 1995, with a lengthy bibliography:
    http://cifas.drupalgardens.com/sites...es/zimmer1.pdf

the problem is that if you do not understand how a study is conducted, if you don't know what was controlled for in the study, you have no basis for evaluating the study

LOL I say legalize it and let pot smokers get behind the wheel of little cars while under the influence. Makes me glad I drive a big truck.

Cannabis has made many road trips fun and amazing. Good times and memories.

I'm pretty sure looking up stats on accidents caused by driving while stoned is going to be pretty tough. I think you have them confused with drunk drivers, who cause lots of accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    Cannabis has made many road trips fun and amazing. Good times and memories.

I'm pretty sure looking up stats on accidents caused by driving while stoned is going to be pretty tough. I think you have them confused with drunk drivers, who cause lots of accidents.
    They've attempted to 'prove' how dangerous cannabis is for drivers a number of times. Every time, they've found those who imbibe to be much safer drivers. You won't find these studies published...it doesn't jibe with the official line.

Just like you won't ever hear of the synapse study where they were looking at molecule shapes. They found the one for caffeine first, and concluded that everyone needed at least a tiny amount of caffeine for full nervous system performance. Few months later, they found the receptor for THC, and the conclusion HAD to be the same...so the Feds had the study buried.

Therefore and forever, "big truck" Papasito, please keep your ignorant bias to yourself.

If cannabis were dangerous for drivers, I never would have made it out of my twenties.
    Last edited by Gannon; January-08-13 at 08:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast