Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Need a Job? Federal Hiring Fair July 30

The Obama Administration and OPM is looking to help displaced workers in Michigan by creating a hiring fair on July 30th. From the online announcement:

To be considered for these positions, you must apply on-line prior to the closing of the selected announcement. Those individuals who are determined to be the best qualified for positions will receive an invitation to attend the Hiring Fair and will be interviewed right on the spot by the Hiring Manager.

Just wanted to pass along this information in case you or someone you know is job searching...

http://www.usajobs.com/fair/detroit.asp

Thanks! My wife's been out of work for several months. Something will pan out soon.

No problem. Make sure to check out the linked page more than just once, as it will be updated every day with new jobs as more Federal agencies join the event and list jobs...

Thanks for the post! Very helpful, but the application process is arduous. Wanted to let others know not to wait too late, it takes a minute.

I've heard it takes several hours. Half a dozen to two dozen detailed questions where they like to have answers that are several paragraphs long. A way to wrap up the interview within the application and weed out the tire kickers.

Now that I'm laid off as well [[yesterday), I'll add this to my list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman_spiff View Post
    Thanks for the post! Very helpful, but the application process is arduous. Wanted to let others know not to wait too late, it takes a minute.
    The application process is extremely tedious, for all Federal jobs. I experienced this personally, but once you're in the Federal system its a great job to have. Very competitive salaries, great benefits, time-in-grade promotions, and ease of moving between Federal jobs and agencies. All the listed jobs will be in Michigan, but if you feel like moving out USAJobs.com has thousands of Federal listings all over...