Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Al Allen Retires Today from Fox2Detroit

After over 40 years in broadcasting Al Allen retires today!!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/category/237233/al-allen

Name:  al.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  35.6 KB
    Last edited by MidTownMs; December-07-12 at 10:24 AM.

One of the best Reporters on local News. He always gives you [[only) the News and doesn't color it with personal opinions and facial expressions like all the Anchors do. Hope we see him occasionally as a welcome guest. He will be missed.

it was a very well attended luncheon tribute-- kudos to mr. Allen!

Happy Retirement, Al Allen!! You served the Detroit area well! Hope you get to enjoy many years of being retired.

Wonderful, down-to-earth kind man! I had the opportunity to meet him when he was a guest speaker at a church in Detroit I visited. I will miss him in the weee morning standing out in the rain, sleet, snow or ice giving his broadcasts.

Over three decades of professionalism and class. Cheers to Al, Fox2 just retired their most respected reporter.

A true professional.

At last he finally gets to come in from the cold, every morning the poor guy was out in there in the freezing darkness.

More hats off [[literally) to Al Allen!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...riend-al-allen

i'm going to miss al allen.
    he was one of the few reasons i watched fox2 news.

Al Allen loved what he was doing and it showed in his work. He is truly a nice man and very articulate in every thing he did.

On the plus side of this they replaced him with Rupp Rag who has very similar attributes. I wish them both well in the future.

That would be Roop Raj...