Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Magic Holiday Choo-choo

Not to the north pole, more like Kimball-Albany Park. Regardless it's a fun ride

Waiting at Chicago Av Station. Orange and Brown Lines were combined that day as the loop tracks are shut down for reconstruction.

Boarding the trains, elves assist you on, and lead passengers in Christmas music

The middle rail car is removed and replaced with a flatbed carrying Santa's sleigh and reindeer. At some point his sleigh will clock 65 mph!

Charming Historic Armitage

While much of the neighborhood is historically protected, some buildings slip through the cracks, but many replacements are quite nice. These new contractor spec homes are nice.

Heading back downtown to Daley Plaza

Holiday Shoppers and the Ford Theater

Vertical Transport

Layers

Target

Holiday Parade

Skyline

Heading back Crate and Barrel All lit up

More lights

Night shot of the neighborhood

Happy Holidays! May this be a safe and enjoyable time to all of you and your families and friends!

As usual, great photos Wolverine. Chicago has always been a magical place during the holidays.

Agreed. Always impressive.

It's always so much fun traveling with you! Thank you for the great trip!

Thanks guys, glad you like them!

Here's an official holiday train video from the CTA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImL_g...mp2V3w&index=2

Wolverine, the photo Layers, what store is that? Marshal Fields?

Yep that's the Marshall Fields store

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Yep that's the Marshall Fields store
    Wow, to me that was the epitome of Christmas in Chicago, along with a trip up to the north side and and the water tower. And of course in later years, Old Town. Thinking about a quick train trip there in the next few days. I love the fact that even though I now live about 150 miles from Chicago, I can hop on a train about 4 blocks from my house [[ 1/2 block from my office) and go directly to the loop for about $45.00, walk a couple of blocks and eat great Greek food. Your pictures really inspired me.