Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you believe those studies, prices in Michigan should have shown less of an increase than the national average because of the off-set from repealing the item pricing law. As far as I know, no study to date has shown that positive effect on prices.

Like I said. I think he made a huge miscalculation.

Or not. The GOP today is about the long con.

Snyder, the Nerd will be gone by 2014. He put Michigan to the ground. Bashing unions with his so called Right-to-Work proposals, wanting his bridge being built while billions of our tax dollars goes to Canada without the people's permission, trying to destroy Detroit's government and other Michigan city governments with his Emergency Manager Law, destroying the film incentive credits. Snyder is NOT a politician. He is a corporate nut that downsizes regional employment. Now he's downsizing this state to a point that looks like Mississippi. Snyder will be a one term nerd. Detroiters and all the unions of Michigan will make sure he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

Or not. The GOP today is about the long con.
    It has been since 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Snyder, the Nerd will be gone by 2014. He put Michigan to the ground. Bashing unions with his so called Right-to-Work proposals, wanting his bridge being built while billions of our tax dollars goes to Canada without the people's permission, trying to destroy Detroit's government and other Michigan city governments with his Emergency Manager Law, destroying the film incentive credits. Snyder is NOT a politician. He is a corporate nut that downsizes regional employment. Now he's downsizing this state to a point that looks like Mississippi. Snyder will be a one term nerd. Detroiters and all the unions of Michigan will make sure he loses.
    Rick Snyder, "One Tough Turd"

Snyder doesn't seem like a career politician so I wouldn't be surprise that if he got a whiff that he might have a tough time getting re-elected he probably wouldn't run.

Not if my vote counts.

I doubt he will win, that is, if the Democrats can field a decent candidate. The Michigan Democratic Party isn't full of talent.

They may "love him outstate" but about half the state's population IS Metro Detroit, to say nothing over other urban centers throughout the state. His appeal was his alleged bipartisanship [[or non-parisanship, even) and his true colors have shown this month. People don't just disagree with him, they feel betrayed. They won't forget.

I'm not really clear why he wouldn't run, though.

2014 is a long way away.

In '08, who thought the GOP would roll like they did in '10?

In '10, who thought the Dems would roll like they did in '12?

A lot can and will happen in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    2014 is a long way away.

In '08, who thought the GOP would roll like they did in '10?

In '10, who thought the Dems would roll like they did in '12?

A lot can and will happen in two years.
    Regardless, Snyder sealed his fate these past 2 weeks.

He has the backing of the Koch Bros. mega money. I doubt, that he will lose. The key will be, having a viable candidate, to run agaist him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    He has the backing of the Koch Bros. mega money. I doubt, that he will lose. The key will be, having a viable candidate, to run agaist him.
    Just because he has mega money backing him, doesn't guarantee he'll win. How did Gov Romney's billion dollar campaign turn out?
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-21-12 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Just because he has mega money backing him, doesn't guarantee he'll win. How did Gov Romney's billion dollar campaign turn out?
    That's a very important point. The most recent election was unprecedented in the amount of dollars pitted against voters and I think all but the demented agree that voters won over dollars in that battle.

It's not over though. The 1%ers can up the ante and/or reallocate their bribes/graft to other strategies. The shamelessly transparent antipatriotic efforts at voter suppression schemes suggests the battles will continue until the war is over.

Stay prepared. Use your vote wisely or else it could disappear — forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2