Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Eastland Sears

Default Eastland Sears

This store isn't looking good at all little foot traffic everything's marked down and it doesn't look they are doing much restocking if any. Some departments are almost bare I wouldn't be surprised to see this on closed down soon.

Shollin Guest

It is being closed down. That's why there's nothing there. it was announced months ago

Sears probably never should have opened there. Just before I left Detroit I went to Eastland and saw that there was a Shopper's World in the mall. What next? Pick & Save? I'm surprised Macy's is still there. When I was at Macy's last the only thing missing in that store was the tumbleweed.

Actually amazed it's still open. Eastland was on the list of Sears/Kmart stores to be closed shortly after the Christmas season 2011. Most of the other locations on the list were closed by June 2012.

http://www.candgnews.com/news/sears-...r-slated-close

Sears kept it open as an outlet store.
    Some stuff is 70% off, and they still cant generate traffic.

I thought they closed it...that's why I stopped going!

Announcing that a store is closing, then keeping it open, is a sure fire way to lose business!

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I thought they closed it...that's why I stopped going!

Announcing that a store is closing, then keeping it open, is a sure fire way to lose business!

No doubt.

I was through during their 'last week', and spent $100 on two pair of jeans, a nice winter jacket, and a removable bicycle basket.

They didn't have the tools discounted 'enough' so I passed on 'em all. 20% does not a clearance make, no matter the sob story about having to carry it all out.

It was depressing enough...so I didn't want to go back like a scavenger. If I knew they were bringing in stock from other stores, that would be a different story. Might've been in there every damn week!

Silly asses, why didn't they let anyone know [[in advertising modalities I pay attention to, like WDET?! LOL...)?!

<sigh>