Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Colt 45 Back in Style???

What's up with the Colt 45 billboards around Detroit? And with the old school pic of Billy D. Williams at that!. I wish they would tear them down asap. Funny how you dont see them across 8 mile.

That's because those hicks up north have no class.
    Cheers!

Colt .45 never went out of style..but a Glock 19 chambered for .40 is more politically correct these days.
    Always a good idea to carry what the local cops are carrying..

Colt 45 is so NNAASSTTYY. To have old pictures of BDW reappearing on billboards is a joke. He should be embarrassed to have promoted malt liquor, a liquid version of cocaine.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Colt 45 is so NNAASSTTYY. To have old pictures of BDW reappearing on billboards is a joke. He should be embarrassed to have promoted malt liquor, a liquid version of cocaine.
    The analogy is lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    The analogy is lost on me.
    Sorry to hear that. If you were never a drinker of malt liquor then you would be a bit confused.

Let me enlighten you. Malt Liquor is marketed towards Blacks. Olde "E", Red Bull, Mickey's, St. Ides, Colt 45 were targeted towards urban environments because it is all junk. The cocaine analogy is to reference that malt liquor is just as poisonous as cocaine.

Haven't seen the billboards. Don't get out much anymore. Broke.
    Are we talking malt liquor, or guns?
    I would prefer Guinness or Glock, but only one at a time.

Glocks are trash. Sig Sauer P226 or P229 is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Doug View Post
    Colt .45 never went out of style..but a Glock 19 chambered for .40 is more politically correct these days.
    Always a good idea to carry what the local cops are carrying..

Old cowboy was asked why he carried a .45.

"Because they don't make a .46". he replied.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Sorry to hear that. If you were never a drinker of malt liquor then you would be a bit confused.

Let me enlighten you. Malt Liquor is marketed towards Blacks. Olde "E", Red Bull, Mickey's, St. Ides, Colt 45 were targeted towards urban environments because it is all junk. The cocaine analogy is to reference that malt liquor is just as poisonous as cocaine.
    The "just as poisonous as cocaine" part is what I don't get. Marketing aside, it's basically just strong, low-quality beer, isn't it?

I'm white as Wonder Bread and love the Colt 45 [[I mean .45 Colt )! My Raging Bull kicks like a mule when you chamber a .454, but is nice and mellow with the .45.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; June-29-09 at 12:53 PM.

So, what do the billboards mean with the tagline "Works every time"?

Works to do what?

There is one right next to the Anchor Bar. Man, I laughed my ass off thinking about those ghetto-ass commercials he did in the 80s.

Works to do what?
    Helps you get laid? I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post

Works to do what?
    There was an old Colt 45 ad which had a dude holding a Colt 45 and a sexy woman lying on a bed, with the tagline: "works every time"

This ad has become popular on the internet and they're playing on that...

This is what's going on in Chicago this week http://www.thefifty50.com/national40ozweek/ . This bar is right in the middle of gentrified yuppie-ville Wicker Park/Bucktown.

ZRX DOUG

DPD carry a Glock 22 for now atleast until next month when we start swapping out for the Smith & Wesson M&P40. It's about time we go back to American made guns that don't fall apart.

There are 2 rules to remember when you want to have a good time. Rule #1: never run out of Colt 45. Rule #2: never forget rule #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Time to throw out your Claritin-D, Robitussin, and Vicks Vapor Rub. New to hood drug stores everywhere, it's Colt45D!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post

Works to do what?
    IIRC, the tag line for Jet Malt Liquor was "Jet Malt Liquor gets you there quicker."

wow... I guess Billy Dee could use the money.. I don't know what the Star Wars royalties income gets him..

I'm not actually much of a fan of the .40 round OR the Glock line to be honest, more of a rifle/shotgun guy myself..was just making with the funny.

Gotta be honest though, if your Glock is falling apart, you need a better armorer, not a different gun. Plenty of LEO & armed forces pals who swear by 'em.
    I like my own junk reliable as an anvil and dirt cheap. Hard to go wrong with commie milsurp..can you say "Makarov?"

Quote Originally Posted by Popcanman55 View Post
    ZRX DOUG

DPD carry a Glock 22 for now atleast until next month when we start swapping out for the Smith & Wesson M&P40. It's about time we go back to American made guns that don't fall apart.

Colt 45 was introduced in 1963 so this was before it was “introduced” to a more “urban” market. When it came out it might have been the only malt liquor on the market so it might have been a grandpa beer. Now a 40 oz of Camo will knock you on your ass so stick with the OE and c45. I willa dmit that6 Colt 45 is ok on a summer day once in a while if you have nothing else…or if the only alternative is a pussy beer like Michelob Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Popcanman55 View Post
    ZRX DOUG

Glocks fall apart? After about 100000 rounds you mean? I've heard of people complaining about the lack of as manual safety, never about them breaking.

Glocks don't fall apart yeah right. That is one of the reasons we are getting rid of them. They are falling apart. They check our guns every range trip I have been for the last few years. That and S&W wants the leo market so they are doing 1 for 1 trades on the glocks.

This thread has me confused, but I am happy that Schiltz is here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast