Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Proposed law would bar jobs and schools from demanding outside passwords.

I didn't even know this was a thing.

I have no problem telling an employer [[current or potential) to stick it where the sun don't shine when they overstep like this.

I can't imagine there would be too many opponents to this bill.

I'd like to know which employers require the personal passwords of their employees. None were mentioned in the article. I would boycott them in a minute. This is stalker behavior.

This sounds a bit too outrageous to be true but this kind of hubris does seem to be on the grow.

I know of at least one major computer operating system that doesn't even store passwords. Instead it creates a hash code from the typed password then compares that against the hash code that was created when the password was created. This way even a successful hacker can't gain access to the password — from within the system.

Then again there are those nasty keystroke loggers.