Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Shollin Guest

I worked for Quicken very briefly a long time ago when it had just transformed from Rock Financial. It was not a good place to work for and I don't hold Dan Gilbert in as high of regard as some do, but I still don't see the issue with the rules. Sadly common sense needs to be stated these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I worked for Quicken very briefly a long time ago when it had just transformed from Rock Financial. It was not a good place to work for and I don't hold Dan Gilbert in as high of regard as some do, but I still don't see the issue with the rules. Sadly common sense needs to be stated these days.
    I have an acquaintance who went to went to high school with him and feels as you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I have an acquaintance who went to went to high school with him and feels as you do...
    Was it a parochial school, as was my guess?! Heh, that was what I was searching for before 1985, just where he went to high school. When I find a huge gap in someone's past, with only a vague mention of something controversial...no matter the source, sure this showed up after some dirt digging, but it resonated with the bad feelings I've got in my gut about the guy.

I am not happy to hear the confirmations from others with experience with him, but expect to hear more as time goes by. Not happy because I hate it when I'm right with things like this, contrary to the popular opinion...but with a gut torque like none other.

Sure it was triggered by this simple list of rules, but they reveal SO much about the guy and his organization...it is too glaring for me to ignore. It is funny how some of y'all are just ready to acquiesce to 'em, too. Seems we all have an automatic reaction to rules...mine is just more bristley than most.

I'm not an ex-employee, I'm a reader of people, and knowing what I do about this guy...it would take millions in advance to deal with the bullshit before I would ever become an employee of his!

Cheers!

You really only found number six to be silly, Gistok?! They ALL are silly...

Those are standard rules, office buildings usually have rules like that. If you think they're silly it doesn't have anything to do with Dan Gilbert or anyone else, because most office buildings have tenant rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    You really only found number six to be silly, Gistok?! They ALL are silly...
    Then you have a very low threshold for silly....

These are silly....
    http://concept.blogspot.com/2007/09/...ice-rules.html

Drove thru downtown tonite and the top of One Woodward was lit, like the old days, although it appears some lights need replacing as it was more aglow than bright, but it was nice to see it as part of the nightime skyline...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4